« 25 »

Irene hurried to the address Beomgyu sent.

Reaching in, a servant greeted her.

"Park Irene?" Irene nodded at the question and the man lead her upstairs.

There, she saw Beomgyu in the room and also a doctor checking up Yeonjun.

"Gyu-" Irene said, Beomgyu turned to look at her and walked out, indicating her to follow him.

"What happened? How does this all happened to my hyung? The servant told that he came home drenched in rain! Why Irene? He was with you, wasn't he?" For the first time, Irene felt like Beomgyu actually shared some relationship with Yeonjun; he, in fact, was as scary as Yeonjun when angry or distraught.

"I- I don't know... He left me there and asked the driver to drive me home... I don't know why..." Irene replied slowly, whatever happened previous night was still haunting her thoughts.

"Why? And you didn't ask him?" Beomgyu asked, calming down.

"Do you think he would tell me?" Irene was taken aback was Beomgyu's outburst but it was justified, his elder brother was sick with high fever and he's the only one here to take care of him.

Beomgyu sighed and his forehead smoothen, "I'm sorry, Irene- I didn't mean to yell, I'm- I can't handle it all alone..."

"It's okay, you do get to let it all out..." Irene gave him a pat on the back.

"I'm really sorry,"

"It's okay..."

"Mr. Beomgyu," they heard and turned see the doctor.

"How is he now?" Asked Beomgyu.

"He's still having a high fever so I've given medicines and he needs care... And I personally don't think it's just because of fever... After hearing how he behaved before falling unconscious... It's a doubt I have, does he have some post traumatical issues?" The doctor looked at Beomgyu, who stiffened a little, "umm- who doesn't have stress in today's world?"
He tried avoiding saying anything.

"Yeah, also, it's not my major concern here. Thank you, do give him the medicines on time." The doctor walked away.

"Why did you divert the topic, Gyu?"

"I didn't," Beomgyu sighed and walked in, Irene followed him there.

Yeonjun lay on the bed, looking a little pale.

Beomgyu kept the medicines on the table and turned to Irene.

"Irene, can you stay here for a while? I'll be back after getting breakfast ready for him," he asked politely.

She just nodded and he walked out.

Irene sat at the edge of the bed, looking at the sick and sleeping Yeonjun.

A Quick FYI, Park Irene. It's your last day as his secretary and also, he left you there all alone at that party.

"Shut up," she mumbled at her cunning conscience.

Her eyes traced the man in front of her, his face was devoid of the usual colors and she missed looking into his beautiful eyes.

He stirred a little in his sleep as if he saw something scary. His forehead had creases and his lips parted to breath in sharply. His actions worried Irene, she stood up to pull the duvet over him, while doing so, his hands caught hold of hers, holding it tightly over his chest.

Irene tried to pull it away but then gave in as she saw the lines on his forehead were softening slowly and he wasn't acting uneasy in his sleep anymore.