Rest peacefully in deep black slumber.

Authors note time! This one is a little bit edgy, And TW's include Death, Melting, gruesome descriptions, etc, etc. 
Also, the full title is Rest peacefully in deep black slumber, for as long as you can comprehend you are. Wattpad just wouldn't allow it ^^"
Oh, and the.. uh, characters in this are cat people!! it's a long story, here
https://toyhou.se/7796070.soot
This link should lead you straight to Soot's toyhouse, you might have to type it out in your search bar and I'm sincerely sorry for that.

Oh right, this is rather old and I didn't exactly polish ita
onto the story

___________________________________

Daizy opened the door. Her little brown eyes searched her all too familiar home and drifted to the basement door. Somewhere she was directed explicitly never to go. But, she didn't sneak off the bus at another stop for nothing today. She snuck off to break a rule. And that one was her favorite. Plus, Soot said all the time- 'You can't do science without breaking a few rules!' so, she told herself, it was in fact, for science.
Her tiny paws descended the metal staircase leading downward carefully and quietly, until they touched the pavement at the bottom. Soot's phone was left on his desk and was quietly playing a muffled version of Don't stop belivin' through its speakers. Next to it, was a tube with a black goopy slimelike liquid- it moved like it was alive.
And for some reason unbeknownst to her, her body acted on its own, and she clutched it in her paws and shattered it on the floor violently.

"WHOS THERE?" A portal opened, as though it had been grabbed and tugged open- with how fast and sudden it ripped. Soot held his briefcase over his shoulder, and a laser pistol on his right paw shakily. "I know you're there, I'm armed!" His deep blue eyes searched the darkness. The faint glow of the sun on the other side of his portal was the only thing providing any light to the room. It was most certainly spooky in the dark

..." Dad?" The kitten was curled up under one of his lab tables, her eyes reflected the light from the portal, and her tail peeked out. The rest of her was shrouded in darkness.
"Daizy!" Soot lowered the weapon, placing it gently on the floor. "What are you doing down here?" he slid on his thighs over to where his daughter was under the table, offering his paws to help her out.
"I-i-ii..." the kittens' voice trailed off, shrinking back into the fetal position, and beginning to weep.
Soot let out a sigh, "Cmon, it's alright. Get up, let's get you out of here..." he set a gentle paw on his daughter's shoulder, his eyes softening the way only your parents could, that look of unconditional love. That 'I could never stay mad at you' look.
"GET OFF ME!"
Her exclamation in anger shook Soot to his core, and he pulled his paw back. "What..?"
"GET OFF ME," She screamed again.
Soot scooted back, "D-Daizy? What's wrong?"

Pawsteps down the stairs rapidly, "I GOT YOUR CALL, AND HEARD DAIZY SCREAMING, WHAT'S GOING ON?" Cloud reached the middle point in the spiral staircase and stared on at the scene unfolding in front of him, suddenly gasping in terror.

Concern welled in the blue of his eyes, "Cloud? Babe, it's alright, I think something down here spooked her. What's wrong?"

Cloud covered his mouth with his paw, and his ears dropped to the sides of his head, terror in his eyes.

"Cloud?" Soot called out again, now scared and confused.
Something grabbed Soot from his side, and it took him a millisecond longer than normal to realize the soft small paw was Daizy's. Looking at her, he second-guessed himself though. She had pulled herself further out from under the table, and it looked as if she was melting into black emptiness. She gripped his side tightly, staring at him with eyes like a homeless puppy dog. Like he'd sinned beyond forgiveness. As if he'd told her something awful. It pressed against Soot's chest like a weight, and the arm that held his side seemed to grow heavier as it also began to drip, pull, and melt a bottomless black.

Cloud got a hold of himself, dragging rushing down and grabbing and pulling Soot away from her, closer to the portal, too choked up to talk. They both were.

The black grew across the floor, Spreading from Daizy and pushing outwards... it seemed to glitch everything it touched, like in a buggy video game, clipping them through items, consuming them into itself, duplicating them... having a certain fascination with the flower's that once decorated a crown on the kittens head. They appeared and disappeared, blooming and disappearing all over the room. It had a mind of its own, tying down the kitten it sourced itself from and crushing her under its black heavy mass, creeping into her eyes and now forcing itself into her mouth as she opened it to scream, reaching a melty hand out at Cloud and soot desperately for her parents.

Cloud had begun crying, he couldn't take his eyes off the scary and traumatizing display of his daughter.
Soot was paralyzed in place, standing in front of the portal. The emptiness crept around him, making a circle where he stood as if there was a force field. He stood with his mouth open, and his eyes flowed with clear water. His grip on the briefcase lightened. He couldn't bear to watch, but he was unable to move, standing shoulder to shoulder with his husband.

It reached corrupting the portal behind him and crawling, breaking, and consuming the stairs making its way to the door, an all-consuming black broken ick flowering with blackwaters.

......Cloud dashed from Soot's circle, running into the darkness that surrounded his daughter, sinking into it slowly like quicksand. It juggled pieces of him around as it did with everything it touched, but Cloud barely seemed to notice, trying to pull his melting what was left of his daughter from the suffocating empty something. ...The thing (which could barely be considered Daizy) thanked his efforts by grabbing his throat and choking him pulling him down while he struggled. He still tried desperately to pull her out, despite the fact, her paw (Witch was now a goopy dark empty black mess) choked and shook him violently.

Soot found the strength to move again, (perhaps out of shock) taking a move to back at the portal behind him. He tensed his grip on the briefcase. This was the end. End of his dimension. End of everything. Or, he could jump... Into... wherever that broken portal would take him. He looked back at his husband, who wore a desperate face, and looked back at Soot, choking out what might've been a goodbye before blood spewed out his mouth. The darkness had choked and destroyed most of him, and it was a gorey disgusting horrid thing to see.
And Soot... jumped into the portal, which closed behind him only a second later, sealing off everything he ever loved to sit and crawl and break in the darkness.