Awake : Chapter 1

The summer air was filled with dust and the sound of trains screeching across the tracks. The kids were out and playing with each other, the leaves were falling to the ground hazily. Summer screamed beaches and no school so mothers were tidied up in the kitchen cooking supper up early.

Izuku Midoriya watched his mother from the bottom floor of the apartments through the window. He looked up and squinted his eyes to see his mother smiling with her pink apron on, cooking up his favorite food.

"Hey! Izuku, move or else I'll hit you in the face with the ball!" A kid yelled from in front of Izuku.

The green haired child turned to look at the kid who had called for him which was Katsuki Bakugou, his one and only friend.

Izuku blinked a few times, trying to process the current things taking place.

"Huh?" He questioned, unable to word his confusion.

Just then, Katsuki bounced the ball to Izuku on the soft sand that lied underneath their shoes.

"Ow! Kacchan, that hurt~" Izuku pouted after the ball hit his cheek roughly.

"That's what you get for not paying attention!" Katsuki shouted smugly at the poor boy before he began to snicker.

Izuku held the bright red ball in his fingertips. He gripped it hard as he looked at the ground in humiliation. Katsuki could tell that Izuku was feeling down so he stopped his laughing.

Katsuki reached his hand out to Izuku before realizing what he had been doing and pulling it back. Izuku wiped the tears flooding his eyes and dropped the ball. Then, he ran to his mother's apartment.

Izuku opened the door and shut it quietly, a few sniffles managing to make it out of his mouth. The sweet sound of sizzling and his mother's humming made him forget about his feelings. She captivated him with her lovely voice as she hummed a song from her childhood.

Izuku's lips curled into a savory smile and he closed his eyes, allowed himself to be engrossed by the gorgeous melody.

"Sweetheart, go wash your hands and then take a seat at the table." Izuku's mother said from the kitchen stove.

"Okay, mama!" Izuku grinned as he slipped off his shoes and ran into the bathroom.

He stepped onto the stepping stool and reached over the countertops to turn on the faucet. When he managed to grab hold of it, he turned on the water and dipped his fingers inside.

The water was cool and fresh, it felt nice after playing outside in the summer's heat for a while.

Izuku cupped his hands under the running water to fill up like a cup and splashed it over his face.

The cool sensation of water dripping from his hair and onto his grey biker shorts had left him speechless.

Izuku turned the faucet off and dashed back to the table where he sat and waited patiently for his mother to bring out the food.

Moments later, his mother came out with bowls in both of her arms. She placed them on each side of the table and sat down herself.

"Kneel your head and thank, Izuku." She instructed her son who bowed his head and thanked his god for the food.

Izuku and his mother had pulled their head back up and grabbed their chopsticks.

"Dig in, I made Somen." The green haired lady smiled to Izuku.

Izuku plunged his chopsticks into the bowl, grabbing onto the thinly cut noodles and slurping them up.

Inko, Izuku's mother, watched her son eat delightfully. She felt her heart warm.

After they finished their food, Inko tucked Izuku into bed gently. She left a kiss on his forehead before turning the lights off and waiting at the doorframe.

"I love you, please never change." She whispered under her breath before sliding her hand down the door and landing on the handle.

She walked out of the doorframe and pulled the door handle with her, shutting the door quietly.

When morning spilled over the windows and poured into Izuku's bedroom, his eyes fluttered open. Izuku sat himself up and realized that he had aged. His hands had grown and so has his feet. Izuku was no longer in his dream world of when everything was great, now he's in hell.

Izuku got out of bed and walked over to his wardrobe. He opened the small doors on it and looked inside to see the bland black of his middle school uniform filling his wardrobe. Izuku picked one out and slipped his clothes off. Izuku noticed the scars lining his body, they weren't self inflicted.

The greenette put on his pants and his top then headed out of his room, too exhausted to pick up the clothes and put them where they were actually meant to be.

Outside of his room was quiet and dark. It was as if nobody else lived in the apartment. Izuku scanned the hallway and noticed that his mother's room was locked. That's right..

She left.

Izuku grabbed his backpack, which sat next to his bedroom door, and slipped it over his shoulders. He walked over to the kitchen which was cleaner than his room at the very least although there was empty ramen noodle cups in the trashcan.

Izuku stepped to the door and slipped on his school shoes, his heart seemed to beat in adrenaline about something.

Izuku grabbed the door handle and pushed the front door open. He was blinded by the Sun's rays of light. Izuku waited for his eyes to adjust to the new lighting before he walked out and onto the porch.

He shut the door behind him and turned to the stairs which led him down the apartment building. As he walked down the staircase, he felt each step become harder and harder to walk on. Izuku felt the urge to purposely fall and kill himself but he suppressed it.

Izuku was greeted at the end of the stairs by the sight of someone walking down the road and towards his school. His heart beat faster and faster. Was it fear? Nervousness? He couldn't tell. The ash blonde strands of hair swayed in the wind as the boy walked down the street. Izuku felt like puking.

Izuku held it in before walking out into the street and in the direction of his school.

He gulped as he approached the school he goes to. It was obviously a dead school. The building was old and all animals avoided such a place. The building had vines growing from some places and when you were on school grounds, everything went black and white for you.

The pain he swallowed before made it's way back up his throat. He felt like choking. Izuku forcefully pushed himself onto school grounds and was immersed in the colorless world he once called home. He pushed the doors open and stepped inside, a smile nowhere to be found.

..End of Chapter 1..