Love is Bittersweet : Chapter 7

.  .  .
A lullaby. The sweet melody that played throughout every child dream. Katsuki felt the warmth grow larger inside him as he listened.

"Obaasan, why do you hum that song everyday?" Katsuki asked.

He was young. Young enough to have innocence. Oh how naive.

"Well, Katsuki, it's a song about the great challenges of love. It is quite graceful." An older lady replied. She seemed to be Katsuki's grandma.

"Obaasan, what is the story of the song?" Katsuki asked, looking up at his grandmother in curiosity.

"Oh sweet child. I shall explain. Love is a vast landscape that has multiple routes and paths. It bathes in the comfort of the sun and it rises to meet the sea. Love is beautiful and kind, rich and fulfilling. Although, it holds it's own dark secrets." She began, "Love holds no differ. It sticks to you like a magnet and shall shalln't leave. It's a curse as much as it is a blessing. The story is of love. How people overcome the hardships it brings and share their Neverending happiness."

"If love is so mean, why does everyone want it?" Katsuki questioned, resting his head back into his grandmother's lap.

"Simple. Love is the drive for all human determination." Replied the grandma.

Katsuki pouted, "I don't need love! I have Obaasan and she's all I need!" 

                                        .  .  .
Izuku closed his eyes as well, listening along to the song.

"Sweet memories from Kacchan's Obaasan, right?" Izuku asked, causing Katsuki to stop singing.

Katsuki opened his eyes and looked at Izuku where he found himself trembling.

"Yeah." He said, his words quivered as he felt mesmerized by Izuku's appeals.

Katsuki felt his body move before his mind. He slid his hand across Izuku's cheek to caress it. The greenette opened his eyes and saw Katsuki's scarlett pupils staring at him with such intensity.

"Love is the drive for all human determination." Katsuki whispered, glancing down at Izuku's lips and he pulled in closer.

The two boys closed their eyes and braced themselves for their feelings.

Finally, their lips met in a bittersweet kiss. It felt so right yet so wrong.

As fast as they pulled away, they went back in faster. At this point, they found themselves in the warmth they so badly wanted from someone.

The two kept kissing until their mouths felt weak. Their hearts raced in ecstacy.

"Kacchan.." Izuku called out, breathing hard.

"That felt so much better than anything I could ever..." Katsuki rambled on, his face flushed a bright red.

Izuku stood up and fixed his hair that was ruined when the two boys were kissing uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry." Katsuki apologized as he got up.

"No, No, it's alright. I actually...enjoyed it." Izuku replied quietly, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

Maybe they were still naive but, these two boys had no idea what conflicts lay ahead of them. All they knew was the feeling of salvation when they touched lips. That's all they knew.

Katsuki looked away from Izuku's enticing stare and gestured at him to go ahead and leave. Izuku took the hint and left the bathroom to wait outside.

When the door shut, Katsuki exhaled heavily. He sighed as he covered his face in embarrassment. The kiss tingled his lips softly and the addictive feeling it held stuck to him like glue.

Katsuki needed that again. He needed that feeling again.

The blonde opened the bathroom door and walked out. To Izuku's surprise, the blonde held out his hand.

"I..I'm just asking before I drag you across the building." Katsuki blabbered in embarrassment.

"Okay...then," Izuku started as he slid his hand into Katsuki's, "Let's go."

Katsuki flushed a bright red and turned away to hide his face. He dragged Izuku out of the restroom hall and into the open space of the mall.

Izuku looked around in surprise. His world had gotten...

brighter.

...End of Chapter...