chapter one

guess your still obsessed with me 

driving through the streets of figure-eight felt beyond strange, id only been gone a year, but it felt like a lifetime.

despite how much I hated my life here in the outer banks denying the sheer beauty the island held was something I could never do. it was the island I grew up on as a little girl and thankfully got to call my home.

I suppose absence truly does make the heart grow fonder.

it felt so familiar yet not at the same time staring up at my home, mot that it felt much like one. I thanked the driver thinking how typical it was that my beloved parents couldn't even pick up their own daughter after not seeing them for a year just shows how much they care.

I took the time to stare up at my house with various Louis Vuitton suitcasses in the dirt beside me, I dreaded walking just as dreading seeing my parents, as the last I spoke to them was many many months ago, even though I wouldn't call it a conversation. they simply didn't care enough to check up on their daughter after they sent me away to boarding school 2,648 miles away from the only place I ever called home.

there was also a certain  Cameron I was planning on avoiding like my life depend on it. last summer Rafe Cameron left me heartbroken and I was in no urge to see his face again any time soon. 

but I knew I couldn't stand here in the driveway forever so I walked towards the white mansion always admired. despite my family inside I loved my home on the beach, I found it useful having the quiet beach on my doorstep., it meant quick and easy access when I needed a much necessary break away from life or my family. it was my safe haven for when my emotions became too much to carry.

  standing outside the door I had no idea what I would be walking into, what reaction I would get but I took a deep breath and swallowed my pride as I swung the door open reviling our large and awfully bland entryway.

"Hello!" I screamed but hearing no response I stepped further inside screaming "it's me summer!" I stood in the living room looking towards the window that showed the clear water of which I've missed more than anything.

"is anyone home!"i yelled even louder this time and yet still no response.

i ran up to my room and pulled out a packet of cigarettes and light one placing it between my chapped lips and walking out to my balcony . 

once I was done i ran back downstairs to a sight i never wanted to see. there he stood rafe.

"well look who we have here. summer!" says Rafe with a shocked expression slapped across his face." here i thought a hot girl was in your house i was mistaken"

"aww still can't get a girlfriend, things haven't really changed"i gave him a fake pout. 

"wow u came back a bitch" said Rafe with a smirk on his face

"well u told everyone i was i so decided to turn into one," i say back with the same smirk playing across my lips

"too bad your still a whore" he whispered.

"still wouldn't sleep with you " i said while walking off but my actions were halted when a hand grabbed my hand wrist

"shut your fucking mouth" he says pulling me close to his face

that's when it happened he gripped a handful of my hair and smashing his lips onto mine. i hesitated at first but then mimicked his actions. i let out i small moan when he pulled on my hair a little. 

"you like that huh" he said as we both gasped for air. he let go and walked out of my house sending me a wink.