I. A Broken Recording

warning: manga spoilers

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

" i know... "

" you belong to somebody new.. "

" but tonight, "

" you belong to me ! "

the melody echoed through the halls in repeat. in the grasp of a delicate pair of hands were a small toy, creaking as it was twisted and turned for it to play a tune.

the flames kissed the walls and floors of the house without a sound. a little child, sitting by himself in one of the rooms. tsukasa listened to the toy as it played its tune. the very same tune he's heard earlier, yesterday, the other day, the day before that, and so on.
the very same tune that now stuck to his head, his mom used to sing the lyrics to this song for him and amane. he could sing it perfectly himself now too. unfortunately, they're not here to hear it.

the flames embraced every nook and cranny of the house, yet it never touched the little boy in the slightest. humming along the toy, he was, with a bright smile stuck to his face. big sister and brother made it safe outside, in return for something. tsukasa has learned many new things from them, things he's going to keep and remember.

picking up a crayon and a piece of paper, tsukasa began to write. the melody echoed through the halls in repeat. a broken recording, it danced in sync with the heat.

" although, we're apart.. "

" you're a part of my heart... "

" so tonight, "

" you belong to me ! "

maybe someone will hear this song on repeat, after all.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

lowercase intended.

word count: 255