Maybe There is Hope After All

A/N: This is Kayumi in her casual wear, not her uniform. Isn't she adorable. Well, enjoy lovelies!

"We have to warn them-"

"ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY!?!? She'll kill us!"

Kayumi and Kaliah were once again arguing on what to do.

"We can't just sit here and wait for her to start her slaughter! We have to do something!" Kayumi yelled whilst trying to put some cover up on her scar.

"She's already pissed at us! She's taken all of your scarves and all of my jackets! What more do you want here to take from us?! Our LIVES!?!?!"

"But Kalia-"

"No! You've been trying to warn them! They don't and won't believe us! She's right, she has them all fooled..." Kaliah sighed going back to painting over her scar.

"Maybe if we just keep our big mouths shut she'll give us back our stuff."

"I'm not going to bow to her! She needs to be stopped before she takes more lives!"

Kaliah put on her shirt and got ready to go out the door.

"What we need is proof, and right now we have none. She probably already has an excuse for our scars. We can't win this, we're fools for even thinking we could," Kaliah said as she walked out of the dorm.

Kayumi just stared at the door before turning back over to the mirror.

She looked at her neck and saw all the coverup still didn't hide the scar.

She looked back up at her reflection, "What happened? How did she hurt our friend- no, our family so much? Why did she do this? Why can't our sister return to us? Why must we deal with this monster?"

Kayumi closed her eyes and for the first time in a long time, began to cry.

She was so upset, first she lost Vladlena and now she's starting to lose Kaliah.

She opened her eyes again, tears still streaming down her face, and began screaming at the top of her lungs at her reflection. As if somehow blaming it for what's happening.

"ARE YOU ENJOYING THIS! HUH!?!? DO YOU LIKE TO SEE ME THIS HURT?! WHY! WHY ARE YOU PULLING EVERYONE I CARE ABOUT AWAY FROM ME?!" She stopped to choked back a sob.

"Kayumi..." A small voice spoke up from the doorway.

Kayumi gasped and turned toward the door only to see Kiku standing there in shock.

She quickly turned back around.

"Kayumi, what happened? Are you ok?"

"Just go away! I can't have you seeing me right now!"

Kayumi let out another choked sob.

Kiku sighed and walked over to her and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Please, just tell me what's wrong."

"Why..." Kayumi whispered.

"Why what?"

"Why don't you believe me? Vladlena will kill all of us. She's going to leave certain people alive longer just so they can watch their loved ones die before them. She's a monster, why can't you see that!" Kayumi was back to full on crying.

Kiku gave her a hug, her back still facing him.

"Kayumi, turn around."

She did as she was told.

His eyes immediately saw the scar that was still very much visible.

He gently grazed his fingers over it.

"Kayumi, what- where did you get this?"

"Vladlena gave me this, she'll tell you differently, but it's the truth. She tried to kill me and Kaliah."

Kiku pulled something out of his pocket and showed it to Kayumi. It was Vladlena's locket.

"The girl in this locket, is it you?"

Kayumi opened the locket and saw an older picture of her and Kaliah.

"Yeah, this is me and Kaliah."

"Is it yours?"

"No, it's Vladlena's. We gave it to her for her birthday. I thought she didn't have it anymore..."

"Wait, if this is Vladlena's, then that means she does know you two!"

"Yes! She tried to kill us, but we played dead. That's where I got this scar. She's going to do the same here! We have to warn the other-"

"They won't believe us, at least not right away. I'll see what I can do, for now just lay low. If she gets wind of this..."

"I can guarantee she'll start the slaughter early and make sure we're one of the last to go."

Kiku nodded before standing up.

"You should get ready, classes are about to start," Kiku said walking out the door.

"Wait! Could you call me in sick? I don't think I can cover up my scar yet."

Kiku nodded once again and walked out the door.

Kayumi looked down at the locket and remembered how happy she was when she gave this to Vladlena.

"Maybe we can stop you, and maybe... We can get the Vladlena I remember back," Kayumi whispered looking out the window.

"Maybe there is hope after all..."