Movie Night

It was a crisp and clear autumn night, and Tom and Eduardo were preparing for a movie night together. Tom was getting the movies prepared in the living room while Eduardo was making the popcorn in the kitchen. The sleek red microwave whirred as it spun the popcorn, blasting it with rays of heat. Pop! Pop! Pop! One by one, the popcorn began to pop, the bag inflating every few pops. Eduardo smiled as he watched the popcorn, excited to share a relaxing movie night with his husband. BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! The microwave went off as the popcorn finished its cycle. Grabbing the steamy hot bag by its corner, he carried it over to the counter and poured the buttery good contents in his favorite fern green bowl along with sprinkling a bit of salt over it. Once Eduardo smelled the sweet and salty scent of the popcorn, he couldn’t help but snag a few pieces as he carried the bowl to the living room where Tom was waiting. But when he looked over at Tom, he had a horrified look on his face, his mouth hung open and his eyes widened as he pointed behind Eduardo. He was confused, but he didn’t have time to think about it as he felt a sharp pain in his head. He couldn’t scream. Nothing came out as he began to fall, the popcorn bowl hitting the floor and spilling everywhere. It felt like things were going in slow motion. It felt unreal. The echo of Tom’s scream was something he would never forget. He tried to reach out but it was too late and his body met the floor with a thud.