Chapter 13: Insignia

"Ayon po sa CCTV footage, black na van po ang kumuha sa anak ninyo kaninang mga 4pm paglabas niya."

Elise gasped in shock as they watched the footage of Azi being carried and taken away. He struggled all the way so the kidnappers doused him with chloroform. Elise started crying. "Ang baby boy ko..."

Damian's eyes darkened, his pupils forming a slit. How dare they.

Napatingin sila nang bumukas ang pinto at dumating ang pulis na tumakbo papunta doon. "May nakuha po kaming footage mula sa black box ng mga sasakyan. May plate number po kaming nakita."

Tumango ang Inspector. "Sige. I-play mo."

Watching the footage, Damian's fist curled. Alam niya ang symbol na 'yun. The symbol of a pentagram with swords.

Demons. It was demons that took his child.

His eyes glowed red in fury. Nakita 'yon ni Elise so she immediately covered his eyes. Damian breathed when he realized he was spiraling out of control and quitely thanked her.

"Okay lang. Parehas naman tayong galit eh." She whispered while sniffling. Napaisip si Damian. Should he tell her about it or should he find Azi on his own?

He grabbed Elise's arm. "Inspector, please contact us when you get any leads. I'll just take my wife home." He said.

The Inspector nodded. "Mabuti pa nga, para makapagpahinga kayo. Hintayin niyo na lang kung may phone call man na darating kung manghihingi man sila ng ransom."

"Sige po."

He took Elise to his car. "Elise, go home and tell Lola Rosa. May pupuntahan pa ako." Elise sniffled again. "Saan ka pupunta?" Damian's eyes darkened. He didn't want to but he should tell her.

"It was demons that took him."

That shocked Elise. "What? Paano mo nalaman?"

"The symbol next to the car plate. That's the Trevors symbol, a faction in the demon world." He explained.

Natahimik si Elise. "Pero bakit nila kinuha si Azi? Wala naman kinalaman si Azi sa kanila ah."

"I suspect this is part of the hunt. Ever since two years ago, we demons have been collecting children and checking their souls. We're looking for the baby that was born between a devil and an angel."

"Eh bakit nga si Azi? Eh hindi naman siya-" A realization struck Elise. "Dahil ba may dugong anghel si Azi?"

Damian furrowed his eyebrows. "He has angel blood?"

"Oo. Half-angel ang biological father ni Azi."

"What?"

"He came to me desperate and lonely. In-offer niya sa akin ang firstborn niya kapalit ng isang memory-wiping potion. Sabi niya, gusto niyang makalimutan ang babaeng mahal niya."

Damian went silent. "Elise. Kailangan natin mahanap si Azi agad."

"Bakit?"

"Cause I think Azi's the one we're searching for. And he's going to be eliminated for it."

----

"Sigurado ka bang dito?"

"Yes, I am. Now, hurry up!"

Mas binilisan maglakad ni Elise at pumasok silang dalawa papunta sa bar.

"Seryo-hah...seryoso ka bang may dugong devil si Azi?"

Damian glanced at her. "Yes. His mother's a halfling, born to a Devil of Greed and a human. That was why she could stomach offering her own baby to me, a demon."

Elise pursed her lips. So si Azi nga ang hinahanap nila. "Anong gagawin nila kay Azi?"

"They'll check his soul for an insignia."

"What?!" Elise screamed.

"Ssh! Don't be so loud!"

"Pero masakit ma-check ang soul! Sasaktan nila si Azi?"

"Yes. And once they found out it's him, they're going to kill him."

Elise's eyes darkened. "Subukan lang nila. I'll end their legacies; all of them."

Damian didn't say anything and just led her to the barista. "I'm looking for Sienna."

"Sienna? Nasa likod."

"Thank you."

Elise scrunched her eyebrows. "Sino si Sienna?"

"A friend." Damian said. "One that could help us."

"Demon rin ba?"

"No. Devil siya. A Devil of Lust."

Lust? Elise had a bad feeling about her. Maybe she's more trouble than help.

Paglabas nila, they saw a girl smoking while her legs were arround a man's hips and he was kissing her neck. Elise cringed. She really had a bad feeling about her.

"Oh, Dam. Hi!" She said the moment she locked eyes with Damian. He nodded while she pushed the man off her and told him to wait inside. The man glared at Elise and Damian then angrily walked inside. Tinignan lang siya ni Elise.

"Sienna, we need your help." Damian said. Sienna came and hugged Damian, making her boobs touch his chest. Elise gagged. She had no time for these two to flirt. She has her child to save.

"Let go of me." Damian commanded. Sienna smirked and stepped away. "As usual. You're no fun, Dam. Oh why ba? You need my help?"

Oh, it really bugged Elise she called him Dam.

"Yes." Elise said, stepping closer. "Na-kidnap yung anak namin and sabi ni Dam, makakatulong ka raw."

Sienna smirked at her, annoying her even more. "'Yun ba yung baby na dinala mo nung reunion?" She said to Damian. "Yung cute na baby na 'yun?"

"Yes. Now will you help us find him?"

"Without payment?" She said in a sultry voice.

Nairita si Damian. "I'll pay you however much you want."

"No, no." Sienna shook her head. "I want your wife to compensate. I need something from a witch."

Elise's eyes glowed yellow in resolve. She ignored being called his wife. Sanay na siya eh. "Sige. Kahit ano pa 'yan."

Sienna laughed. "I need a love potion and I need it stat."

"Give me two weeks."

"I need it now. You have two hours."

Nag-isip si Elise. "Sige."

"Deal?" She offered her hand.

Elise came and shook it. "Deal."

Damian got worried. It was never a good idea to make deals with devils. They're known to be crafty. He pulled Elise aside and whispered to her. "Are you sure of what you're doing?"

"Oo." He met Elise's resolve. "Para sa anak ko, gagawin ko kahit ano."

"Can you make it in time?" He asked worriedly.

"Yes, trust me. Now, kailangan kong pumunta sa flower shop. Dito ka na muna. Look for Azi. I'll be back."

"Sige."

Elise took her necklace off and gave it to the Damian. "Ito. This is a teleporter." She gave the half moon necklace. "Kapag nahanap mo na si Azi, ilagay mo ito sa kanya then chant Lola Rosa's name para ma-teleport si Azi papunta sa bahay. Nasabi ko na kay Lola Rosa. Nasa kanya ang kalahati ng kwintas."

Damian nodded. "Sige sige. Mag-ingat ka."

"Sige na." Elise said as she disappeared in a whirl of black smoke.

Sienna chuckled behind him. "So totoo pala ang rumors. You really got yourself a wife. Of all creatures, witch pa talaga."

Damian glared at her. "Shut up." He didn't bother correcting her. So what if she's his wife or not? Who cares? What's important is Azrael and how to get him back.

"So can you help me?"

"Yes," Sienna chuckled. "All I need is a little of your blood."