Chapter 2- The Train

Peeta let's go of me and we look into each other's eyes. I see that his are full of hurt. "It's okay,(Y/—" he starts but gets cut off by the Peacekeepers pushing us into the Justice Building.

The place is dark. Rusty brown wood with cemented walls. Looks better than most of our houses back in the Seam.

The Peacekeepers have strong grips on me as they lead me down a dark hallway.  They open a door and shove me ,roughy, through it. I sigh and slid down the door to the floor and tuck my face into my knees.

"Like anyones going to come and say goodbye,"  I start sobbing till the Peacekeepers have to come and get me to bring me to the train station.  I get into the car with Peeta, who also seemed to be crying. Shit, I was just crying; my makeup is getting ruined. I tilt my head up and wipe my mascara off. I know there's going to be cameras to see us go on the train. Time to put on my smile.

I was right: there was cameras. Flashing lights and people getting into my face for a close up. I just brushed it off and smiled, trying to gain a reputation.  Peeta walked dangerously close to me; it was odd.

They then push both of us into the train. Preys grabs my shoulder to keep me from hitting my head off the stairs. I get back up. "Thank you," I whisper. He nods and walks into the room.

The train was beautiful! Oh, such luxurious furniture . The couches where made out of  very soft cloth. Velvet ? I thought. I run my hands over it.

Peeta sits across from me and stares and my hands running across the soft fabric. I look up at him and raise my eyebrows, asking what's up. He doesn't acknowledge my looks, he just kept staring at the velvet.

We continue to sit in silence till we can hear taps of feet walking towards us. Two people walk in, Effie and Haymich. Effie looks disgusted from Haymich, I guess. And Haymich looks very tired ( and has puke on his very nice shirt).

Effie looks at Peeta and I and smiles. "Hello tributes! Happy 74th Hunger Games!" She squeals. I smile and wave to her. Peeta just stares. "Well, let's see. How about I show you both to your rooms." She says and motions is to get up. Peeta and me rise and follow her. We walk through a few cars and stop at a car with two doors. "Y/N to the right and Peeta to the left." She says and points to our rooms. "Make sure to be ready by 7:30 for dinner" she says and walks away. I close my door and look around.

I sigh and go to the wardrobe and pick random clothes and take a quick shower. They actually had hot water in the shower. We can only have hot water if we boil it. I get out and dress into a black dress with white stockings.

I walk out and collapse on my bed comfortably. I sigh and fall asleep.

I wake up by Effie rapping on my door saying that I need to wake up. I get up and walk out. I hear people talking and walk into  the dinning cart. I take a seat by Peeta and sit there. Effie and Haymich are arguing about what will be served for the next course. And Peeta is dipping rolls into hot chocolate. I sit there uncomfortably till we have to go to bed.

I walk to bed with Peeta. I open my door and get stopped by a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see it's Peeta. He looks at me, studying my face. After a few, he pulls me into a hug. I hug back. I close my eyes and inhale his scent. He smells very sweet, with a mix of cinnamon and sugar. "Hey," he whispers softly. "You'll be okay; we'll be okay." I nod and let go of him. He smiles at me and waves as we separate our ways to go to bed.

I change my clothes into something comfortable. I then climb under the covers, thinking about how Peeta smells.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while!! And that this chapter is possibly cringy. But please make sure to vote, I'd really appreciate it!!
-Hayden, the author