Chapter 2

“Young lady! Thank goodness you’re alive!” Selena could hear the panic and relief from the girl’s voice. Selena tried to get up and the girl immediately helped her.

Selena frowned and looked around. They were currently near the river and she looked like she had just come out of the water. But the last thing she remembered was she let herself fall in the sea. Where is this unfamiliar place? How did she get here?

Just as Selena was thinking what was happening, a series of memories which did not belong to her suddenly filled her mind. 

And she immediately understood her situation.

This body is not hers. It belongs to a certain girl named Selena White, a Duke’s daughter. And she is in a Kingdom called Fior. In this place lives people who have spiritual energy, in the modern world, it’s called magic. 

This girl is pretty weak and has no spiritual energy, which makes her a target of bullies. Even though this girl is a beauty and has a powerdul background, this place is where people only respect the strong. If you are not strong enough, you are at the bottom of the chain. 

This pitiful girl was killed by an unknown person by drowning her in the river. That's when she occupied Selena’s body. 

How did she get transmigated? Was it the bright light she saw before she lost consciousness?

And who is that man who killed the previous Selena?

 She frowned even more. In the end, she can't escape her calamity. She will still be followed by death. 

“Young lady! What happened? When I arrived here, I already saw you drowning.” I saw the maid servant's hand waving at me. From the previous Selena’s memory, her name is Karina, Selena’s personal head maidservant. 

Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to save the real one in time.

“I lost balance and drowned here” she said simply. She can't just tell her that someone wants her life. Karina used her spiritual energy to dry Selena's whole body. She's a wind attribute, by the way. 

As Selena’s appointed Head maidservant, Karina is pretty strong. Her family serves the House of Duke for years. Selena’s father saved Karina’s father and mother on the verge of death when they were being chased by a mythical beast making them swear their loyalty to the Duke.

When they arrived home, Karina instructed the other maidservants to prepare a medicinal hot bath for her. Selena tried to collect the memories she had and tried to understand them as she soaked in the prepared medicinal bath.

She was transmigated in a world called Alegria and this is the Kingdom of Fior, one of the Kingdoms in the East territory located on the Lower Continent and is ruled by King Rowald Dreux and his Royal Family.

In this world, the strong are respected. People born with spiritual energy are highly acknowledged depending on their ranks.

The lowest rank among spiritual energy users is Junior Level, followed by Senior Level, Master Level, Grandmaster Level, Superior Level,  Fairy Level, Emperor Level, Immortal Level and God-Tier Level. 

Each rank consists of 10 stages or sublevels. Only when you reach the Fairy Level can you set foot on the Middle Continent. And only when you arrive at Immortal Level can you soar to the Upper Continent located at the High Realm. But the number of spiritual energy users who can achieve the Immortal Level can be counted with fingers. And no one knows what the Upper Continent looks like. 

The previous Selena was known to have been a waste, without an ounce of spiritual energy in her body. As early as 7 years old, all children were required to undergo spiritual energy tests to determine the level of their power and their attributes.