12. The Gala

"Rendell! You almost ready?" I ask popping on some lip gloss in front of my hallway mirror. "Rendell?" I call and not even a second later, he appears in his navy velvet tux.

We both just stared at each other and complimented each other awkwardly. "You look beautiful." He finally comes out with something.

I thanked him and finally got in the limo with Richard and Gregory. "Who the fuck are you?" Oh, it's already working.

"Gregory. Stop being rude, he's an old friend staying with me for a couple of days, maybe weeks and tonight, I'm training him as my PA." I say patting Rendell's knee.

Gregory got up from his seat and pulled me to the seat next to him. "Gregory David Rose!"

He looks at me like I'm some sort of evil person. "Why are you bringing a strange man to an event? Do you know how disrespectful that is towards me?"

I chuckled. "Oh that's rich. Who have you been with the last few days?" Silence. "Who are you with when you ignore my calls and texts?" No response. "Who's back in your life that's making you forget about the one we were building together?" He's now not even making eye contact. "Rendell is a friend and he always was, we don't have history nor do we have children nor is he sleeping in our bed so you have no rights to handle me the way you just did."

Rendell pulled me back gently away from Gregory and sat me down. I can't believe I just did that. "You okay?" He asks rubbing my back and handed me a bottle of water. I just nodded and opened the bottle trying not to spill it due to my hands shaking.

We finally got to the queue of Limo's slowly letting out every celebrity and guests. "Now." Richard spoke breaking our silence. "I need you two to act like everything is okay. We will talk about Samantha and Rendell later. You got it?"

"Yes sir." We both said in unison. First comes Rendell, no one knows who he is obviously but he still posed and they still took his pictures and asked questions but the good man he is, I told him to not answer anything.

Then Richard. "Look, I'm sorry okay. I know I've been a dick and I knew sleeping with her again was not a great idea—"

HE FUCKING WHAT?! "You... you slept with her?" I feel my heart breaking.

He looked terrified. "You slept with Rendell too right?"

"I committed myself to you so what do you think?" I asked before taking a deep breath. "Let's compose ourselves and pretend like we're the happiest fucking couple in the entire universe."

The engagement announcement never happen because of Samantha so, this is our first official public event attending together. We got out and walked down the carpet and posed for everyone acting all lovey, even got a kiss from the cheater himself. But as soon as we got behind the doors, free from press, off I went to find Rendell.

"Emily!" Fuck. What. The. Fuck. "Emily! Hi! It's me, Samantha." You've got to be kidding me. "I didn't know you'd be here! I heard what you're doing for my Gregory, helping him get the company and all."

So he's told her everything. "Yeah. It's okay. Bye."

God get me away! But, she didn't let me. "Hold on now, I want to get to know you. The boys seems to love you too." She says handing me a glass of champagne from the bar and sat us down.

Fuck it. I downed the champagne. "With all do respect Samantha, you abandoned Gregory and the boys with his brother and their money so please, it's all personal, I don't really want to sit here and pretend to be friends."

I got up and walked away. "You're in love with him aren't you?" She yells at me but I decided to ignore her and just keep moving. Bitch.

I went over to the other bar where Rendell was and ordered a shot or four. "Woah, slow down cowboy." He says turning me away before I could ask for more.