Chapter 25

Althea's POV

Adonis was very persistent on me sleeping. I wasn't worried something was going to happen to Azrael, however. I was worried he was going to leave again. Jed told me that he was truly dead and the poison brought him back, but we burned his corpse at the funeral. So, I asked Kyson. Adonis survived. The poison only killed his wolf, but he left. All because Kane threatened my life and the baby's. He left. What if he does that again? What if Kane says something like that again and he leaves?
" My love, we're back." Adonis called out walking into the room with our son in one arm and a bag of food in the other.
" Welcome back." I yawned.
He smiled at me and joined me in bed passing Azrael to me. I took my son and smiled down at him.
" We got tacos." Adonis announced taking the food out of the bag.
I smiled at him and said," Thank you. I appreciate it."
He looked at me confused and asked," What are you worried about?"
" Nothing." I lied and he stared at me blankly. Taking a breath I confessed," I'm not worried something is going to happen to Azrael. I'm worried you're going to leave again."
" Althea, I won't do it. Nothing could ever make me leave. Kane took advantage of the fact that my wolf was dead. He took advantage of my weakness. There will never be a chance for him to do that again. I vow to you that I will never leave." he promised. I smiled weakly nodding and he continued," Marry me."
" What?" I asked.
" Marry me. It'll forever tie us together in everyway. I mean you're already marked by me, but this way we're together in mortal terms as well. So, Althea Crimson, will you marry me?" he repeated.
I was speachless.
" Yes." was the only word that escaped my mouth.
I had so many things were running through my mind.

Mystery POV

As I watched them in Althea's room from a far only rage engulfed me. What are they talking about? Sneaking closer I over heard. Adonis asked Althea to marry him. No. Say no. Please, my darling. You're mine. Don't say yes. Say no.
She hesitated in her response a little and I continued my silent pleas.
She can't say yes. She loves me. Just doesn't know it yet.
She said yes!! How dare she!! Doesn't she understand she's mine!
Why is he taking her from me!
Adonis Koa Ambrose, you're going to regret the day you layed eyes on my girl.