Chapter 3

We've been planning for the past two weeks. Adonis is still cold and won't listen to me.
" No. If that is going to put us in danger I won't do it." He argued.
" This entire thing is dangerous. I'm telling you now that you don't have to come. Hell, all of you give up it'll be no skin off my nose. If you don't want to listen to me then figure it out yourselves. Good luck trying to find it, though." I retalliated and stormed out.
I went to the doc. The water always calms me down. Maybe because when I was little my mother would always take me to the river in the woods near the our home. Now being near water reminds me of the saftey I felt around her. I mean any child would feel safe around there mother during those times. Mother's were there to protect their children no matter what.
" Look, I'm sorry. We need your help and I'll listen better from now on. But, why are you helping us? You know it'll get you in trouble. And why haven't you arrested me yet? Isn't that why you came here?" Adonis interigated sitting next to me.
" It is why I came here. But, I don't know. I always do my job and don't let anything get in the way. However, this time it's different. It's intresting. You act cold and distant. And we've become enemies, but at the same time I don't want to turn you in. Because then, the fun is over and I have to go back. Here I'm free from the ever watching eye of my father. Of my brother's constant worry and smothering as much as I love him. Of everyone's jealousy or praises for a job well done. And I'm helping because your pack doesn't deserve to die off because my father wants vengance for my mother's death. It was ages ago. Werewolves now aren't as bad. The ones responsible are dead. There's no reason to continue holding a grudge." I answered.
" Ok. So you and I are enemies that have to work together?" He asked and I nodded.
He nodded in return and left saying he'd see me tomorrow when we leave to start the journey.

The next morning we drove to the airport and left for Rome. After all that was where we had to go. My family still had a vacation home there from the early 2000's that we never used. In all honesty only my brother knew about it. I had bought it in secret as a vacation home for a break from my father. I just never got to go except once. 
As we walked in I showed them all to there rooms and went to my own. Unpacked then ordered us all dinner from the resturant down the street. It was nice. Adoni and I fought, but no more than usual. That night, however, I couldn't sleep. So I went to the backyard and spotted my brother near the pound.
" Aston?" I asked walking over.
" Why haven't you turned him in yet, Mila? Father is starting to question your ability to get a simple task done. I've been covering for you saying he's been hard for you to find, but he's now given you a dead line before he pulls you from the mission. It's been 4 months, you have went the solstice in 3. If Adonis Koa Ambrose is not in our custody by then, you will be pulled and someone else will be sent in." He stated.
" Have you gotten my messages?" I asked.
" Yes. I know you feel comfortable here, but that doesn't change anything. You are a pureblood. The most powerful of our family. Why are you holding back? Do the job or I'll tell father the truth. You have 3 months." He stated and disappeared into the night.
I took a deap breath and thought. It's going to take about that time to get them ready for the challenges ahead at obtaining the hidden moonstone. I have to think of something or I'll face the rath of my father. But what?