𝒊𝒗

˚ ༘♡ ·˚꒰ 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇 ꒱ ₊˚ˑ༄
[α thєσdσrє nσtt fíc]

who was regulus black?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • •
When Celestia showed up to Professor Lupin's classroom she was not expecting Harry Potter to be passed out in front of her, but that's exactly what happened. A brief explanation from Remus brought her up to speed, Harry was learning to produce a patronus, he hadn't had much luck, but Remus believed he would be able to produce one by the end of the year. They exchanged small talk until Harry regained consciousness, when Remus asked the question.

"Now, Celestia, what brings you here? On a Hogsmede weekend of all days."

"My father," She answered.

The girl handed Remus the pictures of Valentina and Regulus. "Daphne called them Romeo and Juliet, she wasn't wrong. They were both on opposite sides of the war, one believed in pure-blood supremacy and the other did everything to prove them Muggles were our equals."

"He didn't," Remus whispered. Celestia and Harry gave him puzzled looks. "Regulus had everyone fooled, even his own parents. The amount of times I saw him deflect the spells aimed at Lily or myself. I saw him hex an older boy who had aimed a spell at Ted Tonks, I don't think for a moment that he believed a word that anyone said about muggles. Maybe he did when he was younger, but then he met her."

"Met who?'

"Valentina Santos, your mother."

"What was he like?"

"Celestia, I don't think I'm the right person to be talking to you about Regulus. We weren't exactly pals back then. "

"Please," The brunette girl pleaded. "Mary will never tell me anything about him, it's like she hates him. I just want one small piece of information about him. Something that won't prove he was a heartless monster or a death eater."

"He wasn't heartless, and if he was a death eater is was to keep up appearances."

"Just tell me something, anything please."

"He was smart. Our Potions teacher said he was one of his top students, top three if I'm not wrong. He was right behind Snape and Lily, and he was the smartest in his year. And he quite enjoyed the pranks James and- He enjoyed the pranks that were pulled on Slytherin even if he was caught in the crossfire."

"My godparents, who were they?"

"How is that important?" Harry questioned.

"It just is," Astra answered.

"Marlene McKinnon and James Potter."

As Celestia was about to tell Remus something else, her phone and Harry's began buzzing, blowing up with messages from their groupchat. Remus looked confused, "Is that important?"

Harry nodded, "It's just our fr-friends being annoying."

Celestia smirked, "So, Theo and Nico are your friends?"

"Don't tell them that, it'll inflate their ego."

"Yes it will," Celestia paused, "Which is why I'll tell them."