Chapter 5

Kaitlyn's POV

I woke up slowly opening my eyes. I'm not much of a morning person but due to not being in my own room and an arm wrapped around my waist made me panic for a moment. I then realised that I had come back to Luke's last night but i still tried to wriggle out of his grasp. "Stay here babe" Luke whined still half asleep. To be honest he looked pretty cute with his messy hair and a pout on his face. "Luke you were acting like a dick to me yesterday and now you want to cuddle? Don't you think that's going a bit fast?" I teased. He playfully hit my arm while sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "What? You're a good cuddle buddy." he grinned. I rolled my eyes and checked my phone.

My mum had sent me a text saying that she won't be back until later today. Ok cool I'll be stuck with this dork all day. I mean not that I'm complaining because I'm not at all. I could use another friend. I don't have much talent in the social department. I only really have Mikey,Ash,Cal and Alyssa my best friend since kindergarden. She moved to England when we were 13 and I only get see her once a year.

I was planning on travelling around the world with her after I finish school. In half a year I will be taking on the world with my one of my best friends. In reality we'll probably just be lying in bed all day while eating pizza and watching american horror story. Once again I'm not complaining. My thoughts are interrupted by Luke standing up.

"Um do you wanna have breakfast here or?" he said while scratching the back of his neck. Why do guys always look so attractive when they do that?

"Well I kinda have to since my mum isn't coming back until later today.Well unless I'm bothering you I could always go to Ash's place or somethin-" I started.

"Nah it's fine. Want to get to know my little neighbour better anyway." he interrupted while smirking. "Hey I'm not that small!" I half shouted while playfully hitting Luke's arm.

"Well in comparison to me you are" he teased. I just brushed him off.

It was true though, being 1,70 m does make you feel small next to giants like Luke and my other friends. Everyone always seems to pick on me because of my height. It has never really bothered my though, I mean being small can come in handy sometimes like when sucking a dick. You don't have to go down far so you're kinda living the life right? God I should really stop reading so many fanfictions.

Luke and I made our way downstairs and attempted to make pancakes, which failed miserably. We ended up eating toast while watching tv. "Soo which bands are you into?" I started. "Blink-182, All Time Low, Green Day and just the other typical punk rock bands I guess. You?" Luke said while shoving another piece of toast in his mouth. "Same actually. Do you play any instruments? I mean from what I've seen you don't really seem as punk rock as I thought you would be. I kind of have the feeling that you play the triangle or something like, that's how far away you are from being punk rock." I teased. Luke just rolled his eyes. "First of all I'm more punk rock than you will ever be and second of all I do in fact play an instrument." he said proudly. "Why is that so hard to believe?" I giggled. Luke got up and went upstairs leaving me alone in the living room of the Hemming's household.

I stood up looking at the photo's that were standing on the window sill. One photo drew my attention the most. It was a picture of Luke, Liz, two young men and another man which I assume were Luke's brothers and father. I wonder if they live here too. If they do it looks like they aren't here very often. Like Liz, who had left a note for Luke saying she would be on a business trip for a couple of days.

Luke came back downstairs with an acoustic guitar in his hand. "I have an electric guitar but don't wanna go too hardcore the first time round eh." he said while winking making me roll my eyes playfully. "What song do you want me to play? I'll play anything you want." he said.

"Hmm" I started, "How about A Drop in the Ocean. Pretty sure you know that."

"Ok whatever to please you my lady."

Damn he's such a dork but cute. Ok shut up Kaitlyn you've known him for a day. While I was trying to get the thought out of my head, Luke had already sat himself on the edge of the sofa smirking at me. Shit. Please don't tell me I had been starring at him. I'm definitely the awkward one between the two of us.

"Ready?" Luke simply asked. I nodded intrested to see if he could really play. And damn he could. Yes it wasn't perfect but it was pretty damn close. All of a sudden Luke started singing the lyrics I knew very well. That was the part that was missing. His voice is so beautiful. I bet so many girls would drool over him if the little fucker would be more social. Maybe that'll change soon.

As soon as he finished I blurted out "You should totally join Cal's , Mikey's and Ashton's band." not wanting to flatter him too much. "Oh so I do live up to your standards?" Luke answered smirking. I ignored him just rolling my eyes. "We could meet up with them sometime in the next couple of days if you want. They really need another singer and guitarist in the band and you're pretty good and look the part so yeah, how does that sound punk?"

"Sounds alright to me."