Spread the Word

-Third Person-

On that same day, Buster Moon had just came back from his lunch with Eddie. For his next big show, he will be hosting a Singing Competition! The koala man was now working on the details but still needed some flyers printed out, so he called upon his trusty assistant.

"Miss Crawly?"

"Hello?* she replied, *who is it?"

"It's me, your boss," Buster rubs his glabella with his pen, "Mr. Moon?"

"Oh! Hello, Mr. Moon!"

"There you go- Now, I need you to add the following information to our publicity flyers."

"Yes, sir."

"The winner of the Singing Contest will receive a Grand Prize of... Nine hundred and thirty-five dollars, hmm. Gonna need more than that." He gets up from his chair, gathering the most heavy items he could find in his office. He puts them all in a chest, locking it up nicely. "One thousand dollars! You got that, Miss Crawly?" He finishes to his assistant.

On her side of the offices, the old iguana types in the info that was given. But in the series of unfortunate events, the fan that was on her desk had turned to face her. The strong propelling of the air caused her glass eye to pop out of her socket and she didn't even realize that her eye had added two extra zeros to the prize on her keyboard.

"Print that on every sheet of paper we have left and let's spread the word, right away!"

"Oh-uh, yes, sir." Miss Crawly replied. She pressed the final key and the flyers were being printed out as she goes to grab her eye that rolled under the piano bench.

Buster goes to the open window behind his desk. He takes a nice, deep breath in, with a smile on his face. "Hah, the winds of change." He sighs happily, rubbing his hand on the dusty frame, seeing a bit of it's white paint chip off. The koala nods to himself. "Yup. When this show's a hit, I'm gonna get you a fresh coat of paint."

Buster pulls on his blue suit jacket, adjusting his sleeves as he excitedly entered the old iguana's office. "How are doing with those flyers, Miss Crawly?" He asked, now seeing her holding a giant stack of printed flyers in her arms.

"Oh, yes, sir," she weakly smiled, struggling a little to hold the heavy papers. "We're all good to go--" As she was almost done with her sentence, the mentioned fan had blown all the flyers through the open window behind her.

"Wait! No, no, no, no.." Buster failed in attempts to stop this from happening. The orange sheets flew through the wind, scattering themselves throughout the city. "Well, I guess that's one way to spread the word.."

-(Ash)-

After Lance and I were kicked out of the restaurant, we decided it was best to go back home. As we waited at the station, our train arrives with a flock of flyers being pulled by the wind. Two of these flyers had stuck onto my boyfriend's hair quills and I pulled one off to read what it said. A Singing Competition for $100,000!

I gasped excitedly, "Hey, Lance! Look at this!"

I hadn't realized that he got on the train cart and the doors had closed as I mentioned his name. He looks back at me, seeing that I didn't get in in time and knocks on the window.

"Ash, babe! Hey!" The train starts to move, but I didn't seem to care as I waved the flyer in my hand and figured I'd catch the next train line.