The Appointment

Inhale
Exhale
Inhale
Exhale

Mr. Han placing a stethoscope on Jeongyeon to check the rate of her heartbeat. The middle-age guy seems familiar to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon keeps recalling where did she saw him since she stepped into the room.

Jeongyeon: You are a friend to Seungyeon?

Jeongyeon tries to break the ice although Mr. Han seems like someone who is very professional. "If he's not a psychiatrist, he must be in service with The Republic of Korea Armed Forces.", Jeongyeon slightly chuckled in her mind considering Mr. Han have a very-strict-face expression.

Mr. Han: Your heartbeat is normal.
Jeongyeon: Cool. Seungyeon asked me if I remember you. I guess I don't.
Mr. Han: She's like a daughter to me.
Jeongyeon: Then I'm your daughter too :3 *she replied sarcastically*
Mr. Han: HA HA HA. When Seungyeon was born, Changjoon called me first saying he was officially a father. What is your name, dongsaeng?
Jeongyeon: Yoo Jeongyeon. I see, so you're a friend of my father?
Mr. Han: Yes, we were in the same college, taking medical courses. But he end up becoming a chef instead. When we were living together during the college years, Changjoon is like our own personal chef. He served us with great dishes.
Jeongyeon: Yeah, father is a very good cook.
Mr. Han: He dropped from college when everybody was against him. But I am happy for him, he made a good living as a cook.
Jeongyeon: I think I saw you in pictures album that we have at home. No wonder you seem familiar. Do you still see him till these days?
Mr. Han: Rarely. But dongsaeng, you must be the youngest? I lost contact with him for a while as I was going abroad furthering my studies.
Jeongyeon: Yes. I am the youngest.
Mr. Han: Last time I remembered when Changjoon was expecting his third child, Yoo... Yoo.. Kyung.. Kyungwan? Where is your brother now?
Jeongyeon: Right here? I don't have a brother. That was my former name.
Mr. Han: Oooooh. Alright. Changjoon never had the chance to reveal the gender on our last meeting. Your mother was still in first trimester, if I'm not mistaken. But your father did mention about naming his next child Yoo Kyungwan. My apology.

"So, he is friendlier than I thought.", Jeongyeon concluded that her first impression completely mismatch Mr. Han's chatty character.

Jeongyeon: No worries. I changed my name during third grade for that particular reason anyway. I got bullied a lot back then.

After some observation and exchanging conversation, Mr. Han starts to analyse Jeongyeon's behaviour and the way of her thinking. He goes through the paperwork and assessments Jeongyeon filled up earlier. This way, he can easily understand the reason she's seeking treatment.

Mr. Han: Bullied?
Jeongyeon: Yea, but I just ignore them and move on.
Mr. Han: Last night Seungyeon contacted my personal assistant and stated that you feel down all the time?
Jeongyeon: Yes, Mr. Han. Normally, I tried to get over the feelings and believe it will go away but it's been for a quite some time now.
Mr. Han: Other than feeling down?
Jeongyeon: Uhm, that's all? Maybe I cried easily.
Mr. Han: How about your mood?
Jeongyeon: I got mood swing a lot.
Mr. Han: What caused you to have mood swing?
Jeongyeon: Literally everything. You know? Sasaeng, workloads..
Mr. Han: Publicity?
Jeongyeon: Publicity is expensive. One of the payment method is your own damn mental health!

Jeongyeon suddenly become so emotional. She struggling to hold her teardrops from flowing out.

Mr. Han: It's okay, Yoo Jeongyeon. If you need to cry, just do it. I know you've been holding on for too long. Tell me about it so I could help you. *passes a box of tissue*

She began crying like a child, blowing her nose and sobbing while ticking off her mental to-do list to see where she'd start.

Mr. Han: It's been too much, isn't it? Acting strong only helps on a short-term, my dear.

From outside of the sound-proof room, Sana and Seungyeon patiently waiting for Jeongyeon. Sana keeps going back and forth while Seungyeon couldn't stop shaking her feet. First hour of the appointment passes reluctantly..