chapter six

└── ⋆⋅ ✘ ⋅⋆ ──┘chapter six: ❝ too far gone ❞warnings: gore, blood, languageword count: 1906└── ⋆⋅ ✘ ⋅⋆ ──┘

└── ⋆⋅ ✘ ⋅⋆ ──┘
chapter six: ❝ too far gone ❞
warnings: gore, blood, language
word count: 1906
└── ⋆⋅ ✘ ⋅⋆ ──┘

The next few hours are absolute agony for Tobias Finch. His breathing is ragged and blood covers both the floor of the car and the entirety of his companion’s lap. He hasn’t moved, Tobey’s noticed. He stays still and occasionally flips the boy back onto his stomach so he can cough up his insides and breathe again. The sick boy hears nothing but the wind against the car as they drive. 

“I’m dying.” He’s forced to sit up and he feels the cool metal of a water bottle against his lips. He sips water slowly but ends up coughing after only a few seconds. 

“You’re not.” He lets the boy lie back down on his stomach once he’s got some of the liquid into his system. 

“I am.” His voice is full of pure agony. He’s in pain and it shows. The next coughing fit is worse than the others; way more comes up and he doesn’t get to stop and breathe this time. He gasps for breath at the same time that he’s coughing and he ends up choking on his own blood. 

Daryl flips him again and waits for it to go away. 

“Something’s wrong.” He says, after waiting for almost a full minute. Tobias tries to nod in agreement but ends up reaching for the medicine bag, instead. There are no IVs with them. “Stop the car.” Tobey wants to rise up and protest but he can barely lift his head off of the seat as he gasps for air. “Stop!” 

He feels the car slow down to a stop. It’s pitch black outside, meaning there’s no light instead either. Michonne clicks a flashlight on from the front and reaches back to grip the medicine bag. She isn’t going fast enough; Daryl smacks at her hands and snatches it up, himself. He unzips the satchel and pulls some bottles out, not knowing which ones to use. 

“Which one is it!” He tosses bottle after bottle vigorously to the floorboard, barely giving himself enough time to read the labels as Tobey chokes beneath him. 

“Calm yourself.” Michonne grips one of the bottles and sits Tobey up, shoving two of the small pills into his mouth. She brings the water bottle up to his lips again and he drinks as much as he can, desperately trying to get them down. Once they’re down, he’s still coughing. Not as violently as before, but he still hasn’t completely calmed down yet. Blood streams down his lips as the car continues on into the night. 

“Just make it another hour.” He hears, right about the time that he falls unconscious again. 

꒦꒷♡꒷꒦

“You were almost too late.” Tobey wheezes and tries to sit up at the sound of Hershel’s voice. He’s pushed back down with ease. He doesn’t argue, he just lies back down and closes his eyes. Two people stand above him, their voices are blurry and distant.