Chapter 1: New Beginning

Today is Sunday. I start school again soon. 1 more day. I thought laying on my couch watching TV without really paying much attention to it. I like school a lot, and so I am pretty excited.

I glance at my phone. I have a text from my mum.

Hi Lucy. I need you to start dinner! Thanks, Love you!!

I groaned and go up. The galaxy covered my vision as I got up too quickly. I used the arm of the couch to steady myself until my vision returned itself.

I looked in the fridge for something to make. My sister Haley was at a friends so it was just me and mum tonight I thought trying to make up my mind. I finally picked chicken salad.

My phone buzzed from across the kitchen and I walked over to it assuming it was my mum calling.

"Hello?" I answered
"Hi, is this Lucy?" A male voice asked
"Um.. Yes?" I said
There was no answer
"I am gonna go...." I said nervously, and hung up
***
Soon the chicken was done and I had the lettuce and tomatoes cut. I was working on the peppers when my mum got home.

"Lucy?" She asked when she came in the door
"In here, Mum!" I said putting down the knife and washing my hands.
"So how was your day?" She asked kicking off her heels and sitting down at the dinning room table.
"Good." I grabbed the bowls filled with a complete salad in each set one in front of her and sat down and proceeded to eat mine.

"There are some people moving in 4 or 5 houses up the street." She says breaking the peaceful silence

"There is boy a bit older than you. I invited them over on Friday. I hope you don't mind." She said looking up at me

"Sure." I said returning the look "Why not?"

***
I hope you like it so far. This is just the beginning and I don't have much planned but I am sure on a few things so bare with me and this story will turn out great. If you liked the chapter go ahead and vote for it! And leave a comment. And sorry about the pic. I can't figure out how to change it.