Chapter 3

The sound of small sharp nails shattered across the creaking wood floor of Dani's room, it inched closer and closer towards the bed. Dani tossed and turned, knocking her pillow to the floor. She stretched her arm over the side to what she throught was her pillow but to her sleepy slef found she was grabbing something furry and wiggly.

She dropped it and jumped, making her blankets go flying off her. Dani looked to see that Sam wasn't with her. Inching closer to the edge she saw through her green glowing eyes that she had grabbed a mouse.
"Aww! Aren't you cute!!" She excitedly whispered

The mouse just squeaked and ran over to the closet. She tilted her head, having her hair sway with the motion. Eyeing where the mouse went she hopped down and quietly walked toward the closet. The little 5 year old tried her hardest no to gigle at her new discovery. She opened up the closet to see a small door glowing all around the edges and symbols.

Dani crouched down and laid her hand over the nob, slowly twisting it and pulled the door open. A flood of warm yet cool air hit Dani's nose: behind the door was a slicky tunnel with colorful lights and smelled of cotton candy.

She gave a quick look towards the door lending to the living room, before crawling inside the tunnel. Seeing swirling lights running along the walls, she smiled wide to bright colors painting her face.

Stepping out into a dark lighted room, with the furniture tossed about. She turned to look back at the colorful tunnel then looked at the room that seemed to be the same as their living room. Dani walked around following the lamps scattered across the walls; till she felt the edge of a door. Finding the knob pulling open the door to see a hallway with two small lamps on tables. Dani got a smell of something sickly.

The smell grew stronger as she came up to an opened kitchen with a figure sitting at a small round table. The figure was hunch over but was quite tall compared to Dani's little size. Dani stopped moments away from the figure and felt the urge to go back to her Dad and Mom. She started backing away till the floor cracked from under her feet. The figure slid off the chair giving out muffling groans as it moved. The air chilled the breath out of DAni as the figure stood only a few feet away. The figure was skinny lady with long stringy black hair.

"Who do you.... wait... It's alive.... alive again." The lady spoke with a chill dead expression. The lady stared out towards Dani before tapping her fingers on the table edge. "You... awake... I need... energy. Little girl, it's fine... Was the.... Tunnel awake..." She talked being out of breath

Dani just stiffened up, giving a small nod before letting out a heavy breath. The tall lady moved up to Dani showing her ripped up dress and needle like legs. Dani backed up and went running into the hall The lady twisted her head and lunged into the tunnel. Dani tumbled to the floor smacking the door to the living room. The lady stood with a hunch shoulder lumming over the little girl.

~Sorry for the short chapter....~