What Is Love

What is love if you're not here with me?

What is love if it's not guaranteed?

What is love... if it just ups and leaves?

I get lost in the music as I move my body to the rhythm. After years of self training and perfection I still have to keep my talents a secret.

I hear voices coming down the hall so I quickly stop and cut of the music and catch my breath. If anybody found out my secret I would be devastated.

"Rona-Bell are you in here." I heard, who I think Katrina said.

"Yeah, I was just checking to see if all of the music was okay because I just burned the new CD."

"Oh," she said walking in with Carmen "we were wondering why our music was playing. But no worries because you couldn't possibly even attempt to do our choreography."

"She couldn't even try the first eight counts. That's how bad you dance." Karmen added.

Actually I can do it better than you.

"Oh really? Then let's see right now."

I said that out loud?

"Duh! Now come on, do it we don't have all day."

"Okay." I sighed.

When she started the song I got to where my place was. I wanted to get this done and over with so when I'm walking in I pretend to trip and fall.

The girls both burst out laughing and stop the music.

"Stop...okay... I've... seen enough." Katrina says between laughs, "If you can't walk in correctly then what makes you think that you could possibly succeed in doing the dance? Get out so we can practice, looking at your pathetic self is going to make us distracted."

Then I walked out.

I don't know why is hide it. I know for sure that if I just would break free and dance seriously that I could, no I would prove everyone wrong.

I guess I'm afraid. The last time I trusted somebody to watch me they said I was so bad that I wasn't even competition for the animals in the circus.

I knew it wasn't true but I just can't take criticism like that. I will tear me down so for now I just have to go on like I am now. Walking in the shadows of others.

While I walk down the street to get home from school I dance. (Careful to not be seen of course)

As I'm about to cut through the shortcut to get home I get a text from an unknown number.

It reads: Who knew? With an attached video of me dancing in the studio.

Now I feel sick to my stomach. I know what your thinking I'm such a good dancer like I say I am then why don't I let anybody watch me dance.

Well I know that my skills are exceptional but I have a major problem with criticism. I couldn't bear it if the first person that watched me preform said I was terrible.

Music, singing, and dancing are the things that get me through every day and I don't need a single person to ruin that for me. I know that there's always goin to be people that are going to try to put you down no matter what but I'm not ready to meet them yet.

That's why I can't have this video to get out. You never know what people will think.

Me: Who are you? What do you want I'll give it to you but please don't leak that video!

Unknown number: I want you to dance for me.

Me: WHO ARE YOU?!?!

Unknown number: I'm probably your savior you are an amazing dancer so I'm going to help you get rid of your stage fright.

Unknown number: Meet me at the studio at midnight on the dot. Or else at 12:01 this video gets sent to everyone at school.

Me: Do I have a choice?

Unknown number: Not really. See ya at midnight.