Meeting

My life used to be normal, that was until I met him......

January 2018 South California

"Come on Piper, we are going to be late!" My best friend Sarah hollered from the front door. I groaned as I walked down the stairs. Sarah had just won concert tickets on the radio earlier in the day and wanted me to go with her, but wouldn't tell me who it was, so naturally I didn't want to go. As we pulled up to the concert I saw signs that read "MKTO" and "WE ARE BACK!" I looked over at Sarah with complete shock and surprise on my face. "Surprise! And to make it better I called my dad and got the tickets upgraded to front row and backstage passes" she said as she handed me a backstage pass. "But how?" "They just signed with my dads record label a month ago" I hugged her as we climbed out of the car. After the opening act was done the crowd started to cheer as the music for Classic started to play, just then Tony and Malcome appeared on stage singing. As the concert continued I found myself very relaxed after a couple of beers and was dancing and singing every verse of the songs. Halfway through the concert, I noticed that the leading man of the group Tony Oller kept looking at me as he was singing. I figured he wasn't looking at just me and that I was just imagining it, but when the show ended and we headed backstage I realized that he was looking at me.

As we walked into the room I could feel someone staring me up and down, when I turned to see who it was I couldn't believe it. I turned back to Sarah, but she was over with Malcome. I thought for a minute we were the only people back here, but why? Then I remembered Sarah telling me that her boyfriend Malcome was in a band, and it all started to make sense as I watched the two sit on the couch. I turned back around to see Tony walking towards me. "Umm hi" he said as he moved a hand behind his head all nervously. "Hi" I answered as he stood in front of me. "So how do you know Sarah?" He asks me as he moves over to sit on the other couch. "She is my best friend" I say as I sit on the couch with him. "What's your name?" "Piper" "I like that name" "Thanks". We sat there and talked for a couple of hours before it started getting late. I was ready to go when Sarah came up to me. "Hey, i'm going to stay at Malcolm's tonight" "Ok" I said as I hugged her goodbye and headed out to call for an Uber.

While I was standing outside, Tony came walking up to me "Hey do you need a ride?" "Umm it's ok, I was just going to call an Uber." "No come on, I'll drive you" he said as I followed him to his car. "Where do you live?" "7185 North Pacific Drive" "Ok" He said as he typed the address into his phone. "You can pick the music" he said as he started the car. "I turned it to the pop station and his song "Classic" came on. I looked out the car window as I quietly started to sing the song. I could feel him looking at me, so I turned to see if he really was and when I did he had a huge smile on his face. "What?" "You have a beautiful voice" He said before he backed the car out of the parking spot. I smiled as I continued to sing the song. Once at my place I thanked Tony for the ride before getting out, but before I could get very far he grabbed my hand and placed a piece of paper in it. "What's this?" "My number, if you ever need a ride or just want to hangout, just shoot me a text or call me!" "Thanks" "Night Piper" "Night Tony" I responded before closing the door and walking up to my front door. I turned to see if he was still there and he was. Once I was inside I waited for his car to pull away before locking the door and heading to my music room. Later that night Piper finished recording herself singing MKTO's Classic. After editing a few parts she emailed it to her manager for him to send to a record label.

The next morning Piper woke up to a text from her manager.

Hey Piper, BMG loved your cover of MKTO's "Classic"! They want to meet with you at 10AM!

Piper looked at the time, it was 8:00, she hurried and took a quick shower before doing her hair and make up. She then threw on a baby blue tight dress with long sleeves and a black pair of heels. She then grabbed her purse, sunglasses, and phone before proceeding to call for an Uber. It was now 9:00 and there were no Ubers available for 2 hours. Piper sighed as she tried to figure out what to do, she couldn't walk to the studio, it was too far from her house to walk in her heels. She then remembered that Tony gave her his number last night. She figured it was a long shot, but she called him anyway