𝐋𝐞𝐭

⋆⁺₊⋆ 🌙 ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

True to his words , Kokushibo had returned to the machiya the next night.

He found the girl sitting on the engawa facing the night sky. For the moment, Kokushibo felt tranquility. As if he wasn't a demon...

"Oh! You're here Kokushibo-san. Come join me."

"Very well..."

Kokushibo has seen many things in his 400 years of living but not once has he seen a human blatantly sit next to demon, much less one who has killed countless.

Taking a seat next to her on the engawa , he looked up into the sky. It was a full moon tonight. The stars littered the sky brightening it as Kokushibo gazed up with his companion beside him a smile gracing her features.

Humans perplexed him . Their actions perplexed him even if he was human once but that was centuries ago. He knew that and accepted it but what confused him was the human female beside him.

"The moon is lovely tonight, is it not?"

"Do you not fear me-?"

"Yesn't"

"What"

"What"
"Sorry- It's not that I don't fear you... Its more along the lines of that I'm going to die anyways so what's the use of fear."

"You are going to die..."

"Yepp! By the end of this week. Apparently I contracted some sickness and is supposed to kick the bucket"
"Actually when I bumped into you , I was coming back from the doctors-"

"For someone who's about to die you sound too enthusiastic.."
"By right you shouldn't be moving right now..."

"You're right about that.. but hey! I may be sick but that isn't going to hinder me if I'm dying I'll die living to the fullest!"

A silence enveloped Kokushibo. That's it... this girl was the opposite of him.. Power did not matter to her nor the unrelenting want for sight.. No... She takes whatever is thrown at her and makes it her greatest asset. This is what perplexed Kokushibo... He could never understand how she could be so optimistic when she's about to die-

If anyone were to come across this right now. They would call the girl a lunatic and run for their lives but [Name] knew better. The demon beside her emanated an aura of confusion. Thank god for her enhanced sensory.

"You know... I was fearful of the thought of it but what else do I have to live for... I have no one I raised myself so death to me is more of a peaceful escape if anything-"
"I'm rambling. I should just stop talking-"

Death peaceful... ludicrous-

☁︎

A peaceful silence enveloped them both as they both stared into the night sky, both basking in the presence of each other as if they hadn't just met the night before.

Kokushibo relished this feeling. It was nice , he wanted to keep it...
He looked at [Name] beside him staring at the sky with a carefree smile gracing their features , he felt a blush creeping up his cheeks.

No-
he best not get attached... she was just days away from death's doorstep.

He should've eaten her if anything. It would put an end to her suffering.
What suffering...
It didn't take a world genius to know that the girl beside him had no worries whatsoever even if she was going to die-

He wasn't annoyed nor was he displeased with her presence. He had never felt this way even when he was with his wife 400 years ago. Yes... he had a wife and children but those thoughts were trivial , they were dead and gone with the years.

Never had he felt like this when he was with them...
Was he happy?
He wasn't familiar with emotions much less expressing them in anyway but he disliked the feeling of him killing her.

So he said the next thing he thought appropriate.

"Do you know what colours look like?"

"Nope- only know them. Never really had the thought of what they'd look like."

"Would you like to find out?"

"Very much but we should talk about that another time. The sun would be arising soon and I doubt my living quarters would do much."

"It seems so till we meet again Fujiwara.."

"Oh drop the formalities. Call me [Name] instead."

"Till we meet again [Name]"

"May we meet again Kokushibo"

That was all he heard before [Name] retreated to her home for the night. He needed to find shelter before the sun arises but that would be no issue , he could just slaughter some family or person and use the house.

Why was he acting like some hormonal teenager that just hit puberty. He's lived for over 400 years and he isn't even able to keep his feelings in check.
It was frustrating to say the least and a frustrated Kokushibo isn't a nice one-

It was a petty matter but who are we to judge the emotionally constipated Uppermoon 1-

Lord have mercy on those who are going to cross paths with the Uppermoon in his current state.

☁︎

[Name] shut the door of the machiya behind her a smile gracing her features . He was fun to have around, she liked his presence .

It was nice to have someone to care for her.

Nevertheless, they were worlds apart one having limited time to live while the other has an eternity spend.
Yet she was hopeful that they'd meet again very soon.

"Let us meet another night Kokushibo"