1 ~ un

Marinette

Of course, the first day of high school. However, I, Marinette Dupain-Chang am headed to my new school today. First day of high school! Yay! Okay, maybe not yay, but you get the point right? It's high school, of course, it's not going to be fun. There just so happens to be nothing fun with the word school. I had to transfer to a different school than my old middle School because of certain bullies. They would always call me mean nicknames. But it's kind of convenient because my new school is right across the road from my house/bakery, so I guess I would of probably still came here for high school even if there were no bullies. I guess I just really hope that I can make new friends here.

"Marinette! It's time for your first day of school honey!" My dad, Tom Dupain-Chang, yelled at me through 4 layers of the building. My dad is nice, he rarely ever gets mad at me when I do something wrong. I couldn't ask for a better dad. I wrapped up my make-up as fast as I could and I grabbed all of my school stuff from my bed. With that, I ran down the stairs as fast as I could without falling.

"Hi Mama, Papa!" I jumped when I got to the bottom of the long flight of stairs. I quickly kissed both of my parents on their cheeks and papa handed me a bag of fresh pastries. I ran out the door in a rush to not be late. I may be acting as if I'm not nervous, but I'm about pissing in my boots right now. You know, that didn't even make any sense, whatever. The traffic light was getting on my nerves. It wouldn't let me cross that damn street. I tapped my foot for a good solid minute or two before I was finally able to go. The stairs leading up to the school are long, but not as long as my massive di- I mean stairs. Watching people struggle to walk up them is hilarious to me knowing I have to walk up and walk down longer stairs than these multiple times a day.

I get to the top, and everyone stares at me. I mean I guess they haven't had a new student in a while or something like that. People whisper to each other as if I couldn't hear or see them all do it. I guess this year won't be much different than my middle school years. Oh well, this year is about me. I walk with my chin up to my locker, but in reality, I have no clue where I am going.

"Hi! You must be Marinette? I am Alya, I'm your guide for the day. Nice to meet you!" An energetic girl came up to me and held out her hand. She had red to slightly orange hair, she was fashionable, also fierce seeming but still kind-hearted. I shook her hand softly and smiled at her kind gesture. "So where to first Marinette?"

"Uhm I was just trying to find my locker before you came up to me. This school is pretty large." I softly laugh trying not to be awkward, but I think I've already failed that.

"Yeah definitely. I am also a freshman so I don't know it perfectly yet, but I've had experience with older siblings and step-up day. What's your locker number?"

"It says right here that I am locker 345," I say after looking down at the paper they mailed me a little bit ago.

"Ok, so that would mean you are right next to my locker! Hey, that's pretty convenient if I do say so myself."

"Uhm yeah, I guess so," Alya says energetically shrugging her shoulders towards me.

"Hey what's wrong, I just barely met you so I can't determine how you normally are, but you are giving off major sad vibes. It's kinda bumming me out over here girl."

"Sorry, it's just weird you know. Brand new people, I've never even seen before completely staring and whispering about me. I am just really paranoid about what they are saying to each other about me. I don't want to know how awful it is." I say recognizing how odd I was acting with Alya.

"No worries girl. Also why in the world do you think they are talking bad about you?" Alya stops walking for a bit to give her attention back to me.

"Uhm I don't know, people have only talked bad about me."