Prologue: The Beginning

Shark clambered up the rocky slope, his mind blank as he finally made it to the top. Though his paw pads were sore, Shark pushed on, ignoring the plump mice that made his stomach growl as he sprinted through the forest. The large trees flew by, their leaves gone, snow beginning to cover their branches. Shark knew he had to get there, just before the sun rose. 

Shark wove his way through the forest, finally making his way to the hilly plains, shadowy figures of other cats looming on the highest hill.

He slowed to a trot, making his way up to the group, sitting down.

“Finally, you took forever” A small, muscular, black tom spoke in his gruff voice. “No need for the comments, Delusion.” The fluffy, golden, tabby she replied. “No, no, Delusion is right, Sparrow,” Shark said, quickly joining the circle.

He gazed around at the cats, his eyes studied them. 

He met Delusion’s eyes, they were odd, as one was orange and one was blue.
He continued his gaze, landing on Sparrows’ eyes.

The moonlight lit up her white patterns, something he had never noticed before on her pelt.

Sparrow smiled, nodding, as Shark landed on the twins.

Cobalt and Blu. 

Their calico pelts glimmered in the starlight, Cobalt dressed with a blue face, and Blu with a blue tail.

“So? Why did you call us here? Stop staring and answer me,” Delusion broke the silence, swiping at a clump of grass. 

“Oh, yes. There is a terrible matter, it’s them,” Shark spoke, his heavy breathing halting.

“What? But it’s too soon! We should have had more time to recover our groups!” Sparrow nearly yowled, her voice frantic.

“I and the herd can take them, like last time” Delusion hissed, his claws unsheathed.

“Delusion, we all know you and the herd are still recovering from the last attack.” Cobalt spoke, pointing to the scars on Delusion, which were still covered in herbs.

Blu nodded “Yes, even with all of us there, the herd, the pack, the flock, the swarm, and the streak fighting, we all got injured.”

Shark sighed “We must split our groups, cover the land. They won’t go after pets and rogues.”

“Are you crazy!?” Delusion shouted, his fur on end.

“We may not have a choice, Delusion. We can always pass our stories down.” Sparrow spoke, her tail flicked as the others nodded.