4.

Gulzaar's POV.

One month later.

"Ms. Gulzaar. Please sign here." He hands me a red booklet. I sign where he asked me to. Another page is kept before me and I sign it. The papers officially making me Gulzaar Ahad Mir.

I feel tingles shoot up spine at the thought of his name after mine.

" The Nikaah is successful. I now announce them man and wife." Kazi Sahab says in Urdu after reciting a few ayats.

The curtain between us drops and Ahad walks towards my side. He has a blank look on his face but I know he is hating this. His clenched fist is proof enough. He doesn't look at me even once and I don't bother checking him out as well.

After a chaotic one month filled with convincing Dadda I like Ahad which was the most difficult part, choosing a wedding dress perfect for a Durrani daughter, selecting the decorations and basically everything else since my groom was busy with his job. At least that's what he told the families but I know better. He was tormented with all of this. Laibi told me he didn't know that Annie had sent his proposal first. When they told him I agreed he was frozen in his spot for at least a minute it seems.

He had actually come to Durrani Mansion to confirm the news from Daddy and I overheard their conversation. Inspite of being shocked initially, he assured Dadda he would take complete care of me. I was shocked to hear that but then I understood he was acting to keep his facade. I wasn't actually expecting him to go through with this without protesting. I thought he would go berserk at the idea of this marriage and create a havoc.

But none of that happened. I was confused for a while there. I don't know why he went through with this. But then I shrugged it off. If he wants to be the scapegoat, who am I to stop him. I had full plan of marrying him when I told that to mom. Not that I like him romantically or something. He has insulted me for a little too long to let him off the hook that easily. Once I am satisfied with my revenge, he is free to choose his way out.

We are escorted towards the waiting BMW after all the wedding rituals are completed. I didn't expect myself to cry at the rukhsati since I don't really believe in this marriage, but my dam broke free the moment I saw Dadda while going out. It felt as if I am leaving my family forever, the fact that i won't be able to annoy Arif, won't be able to be a demanding princess to Dadda and won't be able to pick silly banters with Mama is really unsettling.

How will I live without them? How will I start my day without Dadda's hug? No. No. I can't. Damn it Zaar. This was a bad idea. I can't give up my family for a petty revenge plan. I turn back, my eyes searching for Dadda.

I will tell him I don't want to go with Ahad. I will tell him I want this marriage dissolved. I am sure he will listen to me. Breathe Zaar. Breathe. Focus on the task.

Someone hugs me from behind. I can hear sniffling near my head.

"Zaaru, I will miss you so much." Arif.

"Arif, I am not going. I can't live without you all. Where is Dadda? I will tell him I don't want this marriage. " I say hurriedly still looking up for him.

Arif wipes his tears quickly trying to see if I am joking or something but I am not. God, I so badly wanted to curl up in Dadda's arms and sleep away all my worries.

"Zaar! What are you talking about?Do you have any idea what a huge destruction you are about to cause. You are anxious, I understand. It is normal. But you can't really say you don't want to go. Papa will have to face so much embarrassment from the society. Not just that, you willingly got married to him. How will you explain this indecisive behavior?"

He is right. What will I reason?

"Bro, do you think I chose the right man? "

"The best one out there. " Why does everyone keep saying that?

I nod, his reassuring words help me to some extent but I still feel uncomfortable.

Dadda comes out holding Ahad by the shoulder, both of them involved in a deep conversation. We settle into the car not before I hug Dadda again.

The car stops at his two-storey cosy apartment. I knew he had an apartment of his own but I never visited it before. Laibi is at the door with a big plate filled with petals and sweets. The moment we step on the threshold, petals are dropped on us. It would have been a beautiful beginning for a normal couple.

Bi hugs me tightly, whispering with a sly smile "Welcome to the family, Bhabi!"

I hug her back, I ll have her if not anyone else. "Come on! Just call me Zaar like before"

"Oh no no no. Not happening. You are my bhabi. And that's what you will be called. Now come on in. My brother is impatient to get you to his room"

Oh how you wish Bi.

I am escorted to his room by all of  his female cousins. He is taken away by their male counterparts.

I am sitting  before the mirror when the door creaks open. Let the show begin.

I turn around, his eyes widen at my outfit, he thought I wouldn't wait for him? He is in for a lot more surprises.

"How does it feel to be the unluckiest man on Earth?" I say in a sweet tone.

He is initially confused about what I am saying but as realisation begins settling within him, his eyes widen.

"Is that why you manipulated our parents to marry us? So you could get back at me for hurting your huge ego that day? How pathetic. What did I expect from you anyway. You are psychotic and you finally proved it." His voice is normal, not angry or agitated or frustrated like I expected.

He walks into the closet with a face that says I can't stand her more than this. He is just pretending to be not affected by the turn of events. His pulse in the neck throbs fast whenever he is angry. Before he went in, his vein was popping out. Good to know I affect him the way he does to me.

I change quickly and sprawl on the bed, covering as much space as possible. My clothes have already been fixed in the closet so I have no other work apart from irritating him.

But that has to wait for now. I need to catch up on my beauty sleep.