~5~

We hopped into my moms car with Sofi squished comfortably between Lauren and I. The ride to my dad's work was a quiet one with the occasional outburst from Sofi about anything that she finds interesting.

When we get to the construction company where my dad works, my mom hops out to go get him leaving us alone. I unbuckle my seat belt and plug in my phone and hit shuffle on the Midnight Memories album and blast the volume.

"Sofi, you ready?" I shout over the music and she vigorously nods her head grinning from ear to ear. She unbuckles and looks at me as I skip to the forth song. I pause it before it starts and glance over at Lauren. She looks genuinely confused. I switch seats with Sofi and look at Lauren.

"Do you like One Direction?" I ask smirking.

"They're cool." She shrugs.

"Well maybe you'll like this." I reach back over the console and hit play, turning the button for volume all the way up. I wink at Sofi as the intro begins to play.

"I know this." Lauren says smiling before the words start. Good, I think.

"Straight off the plane to a new hotel!" Sofi and I shout as Lauren mouths the words. We continue on like that until we get to the chorus and Lauren looks like she wants to sing.

"Sing with us Lolo. It's fun." She hesitantly nods.

As the boys sing through the chorus, Lauren's volume increases until she screaming the words with us.

"5 foot something with the skinny jeans." Lauren shouts with us winking at me. I look away from her and dance with Sofi as my cheeks heat up.

I calm down a bit as the next song starts to play. I love this song and just love soaking the words up. Sofi on the other hand is still in the party mood and is screaming and bouncing in her seat. I chuckle at the sight.

I look at Lauren who's staring at me.

"Do you know this song?" I ask. She nods and smiles. We sit quietly listening to the song, and Sofi until the chorus comes.

Lauren looks into my eyes quietly sings the chorus.

"I want you here with me
Like how I pictured it
So I don't have to keep imagining"

I nearly pass out right there. Not only is her voice like liquid gold but this is one of my favourite songs and she's singing the lyrics to me.

"Come on, jump out at me
Come on, bring everything
Is it too much to ask for something great?"

She smiles and grabs my hand. My heart is racing and my temperature is blazing through the roof and I'm not sure what this means. For me or for her really. Luckily the awkwardness is tattered by my parents walking in and scolding me for having the music to loud. They're joking for the most part, Sofi and I do this all the time.

For the entire ride to the restaurant we listened to One Direction and Lauren held my hand. And I liked it.

--------

We arrive at a semi-fancy restaurant and walk in through the double doors. I adjust my posture and put on a professional face as I try to match the average person in here. Lauren chuckles at my attempts and then pats my back.

"Not all of is can be serious. The sooner you accept, the sooner you can move on." She says to me. I slouch down.

"Dream crusher." I mutter walking away from her and grabbing Sofi's hand. I glance back and smirk at Lauren to make sure she was still following.

We sit down in a booth with Lauren closest to the wall, me, then Sofi and my parents on the other side. We ordered our food after a pretty long wait due to it being just after rush hour and everyone's here now.