VI: Worst Case Scenario

Third POV

It was was early evening when Izuku arrived home with Shoji and Koda. Multiple different colored bags resided in all three of their hands. To put it bluntly, Izuku spared no expense to get everyone something nice.

He looked to left to see Kirishima emerging from a corridor, lightly smiling at the redhead before popping a question,

"Where's Katsuki?"

Kirishima nodded off to the upstairs, "He should be in the bedroom; allow us to place these bags away." carefully slipping the bags that resided on Izuku's arms earning a warm smile and a 'thank you' before the boy walked past and up the villa stairs.

Izuku entered the bedroom to see Katsuki back in bed, but this time he was scrolling away on his travel-only laptop, piquing the interest of the green-haired boy, "Hm? and what're you up to?" watching Katsuki's eyes flicker up at him.

"Looking at government relation and our news affair, but don't worry it's not actual work." Katsuki calmly responded, eyeing the boy who went over to the closet to change into something a bit more comfortable.

Izuku disappeared, but his voice was still heard, "And was that all you were doing?" He questioned rather bluntly, making Katsuki narrow his brows in awry, "Of course baby, what else could I have been doing?"

Izuku shrugged his shoulders, finally emerging from the closet wearing something he was positive Katsuki would like.

Red lingerie. Another piece he'd bought with Mina and Uraraka just two days before the final packing check.

Izuku's tone was subtle but it was clear he was accusing Katsuki of something, "Okay, well ever since breakfast your mood changed, and I can't help feel like your doing something without want me to know."

This time he made eye contact with the blond, and with total sincerity in his voice he finally asked,

"Look me in the eyes and tell me what's wrong."

The room fell silent with the following sound of ruffling bedsheets; Izuku staring at Katsuki who pulled him closer to his body.

This really wasn't the way Katsuki wanted this to pan out, but the least he could do was tell the truth now since there's be no point in lying.

"A day ago, The kendo clan had their inventory destroyed so naturally, they turned to us for help," Katsuki started, "Normally my group could help with damage control cause we thought it was just someone trying to funny but then they realized it was something else."

"Something else like what..?" Izuku whispered, confused at what Katsuki was telling him, and how blanked the blond looked.

"Before the allied clans came together, there was a clan known as the Shigaraki clan. And when I tell you that they were the most dangerous group we've ever faced." Katsuki responded.

"We'd barely managed to take them down with all allied clans and some extra support but still..." he muttered, "Their tenacity and strategic side is nothing to scorn at."

"For all we know, they could be attempting a full-scale attack on us again and after three years of us trying to bury our past and start anew, but it seems that is not the case for us."

After hearing all of that, and how Katsuki's exterior was blanked, Izuku felt a lump get stuck in his throat. He couldn't help but be worried.

"If you don't show up soon and come up with a plan, what would you say would be the worst-case scenario..?"He uttered under his breath, lightly rubbing on Katsuki's chest, listening to a disgruntled grunt exit his husband's lips.

"Considering how dangerous those in the Shigaraki clan are... I honestly fear that the ones hold near and dear could be killed within a fortnight." The blond honestly answered, his tone dark yet a lingering meekness following along.

Izuku looked down at his lap, allowing the room to go quiet allowing himself to process what katsuki had just said.

In all honesty, he hadn't even faced these people who called themselves the shigaraki clan but if managed to frighten the A unit, no, frighten Katsuki then the next course of action at this moment couldn't have been any more obvious.

"I love you more than you could possibly fathom, and I'd like to say I'm a man of my word, but I'm sorry Izuku." Katsuki spoke up, not liking the sudden silence in the room, "I don't think I'll be able to relax here with you, knowing everyone else's life is at stake."

Izuku shifted out of his arms, so he could take a better look at katsuki's face; and to the blond's surprise, Izuku didn't seem upset- rather grateful for whatever the reason.

"Well then if that is the case, then it's obvious what needs to be done." he quietly spoke, with an attentive glance at Katsuki's facial expression, watching him go from distressed to confused.

"Hm, and what's that?"

Izuku nodded, "We need to go home as soon as possible if you want to get a jump on planning, no? last I heard, this Shigaraki clan has already had a headstart and a good amount of time to start to get a move on things."

Katsuki raised his brow, looking into Izuku's eyes didn't even hold an ounce of annoyance or anything like that- he was genuine about leaving early on what was supposed to be a memorable moment in their early married life.

He watched Izuku go from a blank face to a sad smile.

"It's the same for me, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I knew I put the comfort of myself instead of someone else." Izuku sighed, "It's already happened once and I really don't want history to repeat itself with people I care about."

"So..." Izuku murmured, "Hoping you're in agreement with me..."

he laid his head on katsuki's abdomen, making himself comfortable.

"We can go home, and we can make up this honeymoon with something even better."

Katsuki's hands slid underneath the soft lingerie top the boy wore, thinking of nothing but Izuku and how he'd ever gotten so lucky with someone like him.
.
.
"Fine. We leave at 1 am."