THE END OF AN ERA.

JOES POV:
The final stand. The final glimpse. The final goodbye. The last time these four walls of our home would enclose us. The last time this outdoor vista would be our earliest glimpse of the outside world in the mornings, or illuminate our bedroom with those beams of lights on a night. The last time complaining over chipped paintwork or the flickering light fixtures. "Joe?" a calling of my name, in those familiar melodic tones with a hint of Australian within it, snapped me out of my distracted state of mine around our goodbye process through each single room. "Mhm?" I muttered back, but sensed her body approaching me from behind to join me in this window staring. An intense oversee to the buildings, the varying shapes and heights, ranging from those hardly visible to those prominent above all. Our protests over the torturous noises continuous on a night or the cars loud revs were practically non-existant for the past week, just appreciating these eventual moments of city life before retreating off to the countryside environment of utter peace and quietude on the daily.

"Do you remember any memories here?" Dianne prompted me to recall a moment of our relationship, yet one was already present in my mind. To some this was just a hygiene room, consisting of the shower, toliet and sink that you would spend ten minutes in maximum. However for us, as this home was the foundation of our relationship during Strictly Come Dancing season, each room was assigned a special memory apart of our timeline.

With Dianne waltzing off into the dusk for her early morning training session, I was at last alone in my own home. While her presence has been a welcomed addition to my life - even with her insistence on leaving the cupboard doors wide open or the remnants of her identifiable locks scattered galore - it was quite calming to revert back to my former life of utter tranquility in my own company. No music blaring through speakers, no fire alarms beeping, just myself to chat away to. I set about on this aimless wandering throughout our home, traipsing along the staircase and across the carpeted flooring into the en-suite bathroom. My mind preoccupied by the internal listing of activities to do in her absence, I hardly noticed how one simple part of my daily routine was unalike any other morning. Yet, as the paste works it's magic in removing any residue plastered onto my teeth, this reflection displayed a sight with one part just slightly different - anybody's worst nightmare of two brushes near one another, the typical blue stick was instead a lilac shade.

"Ugh..!" I exclaimed in muffled speech, chucking the brush out of my mouth and distancing myself from it, fiercely scrubbing either side of my mouth for the remnants. But one thought stunned my body in spot, my eyes shifting between the toothbrush and my reflection - nobody else uses this bathroom apart from myself. Byron instantly appointed himself to the downstairs bedroom and bathroom pair on moving in, his decision indicating his wish to sneak Emily in and out of our home without any disturbance, arranged for whenever I am bedridden from the exhaustion of a late night or slithering up to sleep from a hectic day. Perhaps it was one of Zoe's spares for whenever she stays around? Slowly.. as though each knot in the world untangled itself from it's web and the stars in the sky aligned.. all of my thoughts harmonised together to one clear conclusion - Dianne Buswell.

I reached for my phone within my pyjamas pocket, scrolling along the contacts until her name lit up the screen and the monotonous patience churning rings projected into my ears. "Hello? Joe? What's wrong?" Dianne's voice, the usual dulcet tones imbued with concern, quashed this persistent noise. Suddenly I began to doubt this decision on hearing her non-stop questioning through the phone's speakers. This is such a minor and sweet sentiment, why should I mention this in conversation to embarrass her? However my head was illogically thinking in this scenario, with the words leaving my mouth before it could even be processed. "Well.. I just wanted to thank you for the little bathroom surprise this morning.." I taunted her over her little present deserted on the sink. There was slight hesistation in her pause as the cogs in her head spiralled out of control trying to solve this somewhat coded language. Just as I opened up my mouth to put her out of her misery, there was an indistinct muttering assumably to the others in the room, followed by a distant click-clack of dance shoes scraping the wooden flooring until she reached an outdoor setting, evident by the surge of car zooms past her spot. "I thought you'd love a little piece of me left behind for you Joseph," she reciprocated my sarcastic tone identically in her response. "It was a delight Di.. truly," I mumbled retaining my sardonic nature, but there was a slight part of myself sincere over the words said. In the last months, it was a normality for Dianne to be in my company constantly; yet now, while we are still together in a relationship sense, our personal duties separate us to other sides of the world, isolating me from her dance word altogether.