Dark Chocolate

It's bitter.

You never know what chocolates you receive during Valentine's but most of the time it should be sweet.

Why am I receiving chocolates? I am a guy. There is a place where guys receive chocolate. Was it Japan? I guess she watched too many animes.

Another bite. Is it sweet? Probably. The aftertaste is still bitter though.

I never understood why she gave me chocolates. I never liked sweet stuff yet I never hated them. It was a lot for the tongue to taste sometimes. A mixture of intensity wriggling down your throat. Still, I accepted and ate them.

They were too sweet.

I took another bite. Did it get too bitter?

I heard from her that she got a confession. I laughed it off. "Who would confess to you?" I gave her a nudge. I looked at her and she frowned. She threw another chocolate towards me.

It's still too sweet as I tasted it.

Despite the bitterness, I bit off another part. It was a bit salty. And bitter.

Lately we haven't hung out. She follows a senior most of the times. I guess she found someone better to talk to. But finally, I don't have to taste that sweet chocolate again. It was a good thing, I guess.

It wasn't.

As I bit off the last part, the bitterness just surged into every nerve in my body. It's bitter. How could she make something this bitter? I asked myself so many times.

She gave me another chocolate this Valentine. It was not the usual one. It was coated in dark colors. I never understood it anyway but I accepted. She did not say anything. And I did not as well. But despite the lack of words, I knew what it meant.

The last bite of chocolate was the most bitter thing I've ever tasted.