E.P x OC!: this is me trying

i love u. also this chapter features an intense lack of capitalization. i like the aesthetic look of no caps lol. - auggie

3rd person

vivienne walked into the bau on a crisp friday morning, her black hair tied back in a bun. there was no reason she needed to be here this morning, it was her day off, but there was someone she wanted to be here for.

"viv? it's your day off pumpkin, what are you doing here?" penelope intercepted the girl as she walked in.  

"i don't know. i guess i just can't stay away." she joked, her lips breaking into a smile .

"zhang? what are you doing here?" emily prentiss turned the corner, catching a glimpse of the agent. vivienne turned towards her and a soft red tint spread across her face.

"coming to my favorite place in the world, obviously." she smiled. "besides, i forgot my laptop charger here yesterday." she lied easily. truthfully, she was here for her.  it was easy for anyone to see that she was hopelessly in love with emily- if she let them in. 

vivienne, however, was not one to ever let anyone in. she talked to no one at work other than penelope and spencer. she was forced to occasionally talk to the others, but as much as she could, she avoided them. especially emily. she tried to never talk to her, share a room with her, or even be sitting close to her.

"well, go grab it quick. if hotch finds out you're here, he might kill you." she laughs, laying a single hand on the small of viv's back.

she slid over, trying to get out of her grasp. "i will." she looked over her shoulder, trying to ask penelope for help, but she had disappeared.

"actually-" emily looked around, she pulled her down the hallway and into jj's old office.

"prentiss, what's the meaning of this?" viv tried to play it cool. key word there, tried.

"why don't you talk to me? have i done something wrong, ever? to make you not like me?" she blocked the door, motioning for viv to sit down in one of the chairs that was scattered throughout the room.

"i hardly talk to anyone. you haven't done anything." she kept her sentences short, one of her main tells. the other one was the tips of her ears turned red.

"i must have because you can hardly be in the same room with me. come on vivienne, just tell me! just come out and say it so i can fix it, or apologize, and maybe we can be friends. i think you're an incredible person, and i really want you to not hate me." she was chewing her nails. her biggest tell.

"emily you're nervous. stop chewing your nails." vivienne changed the subject.

"see, you know my tell, and yet you hardly spend time around me. just tell me why you-"

vivienne cut her off, placing her red stained lips onto emily's, lubricated with cherry chapstick. she wrapped her arms around em's waist, and emily placed one hand on vivienne's cheek.

"i didn't want to talk to you because i didn't want to let you in. i have secrets, a past full of lies and skeletons in my closet. i don't want you to have to be wrapped up in that. i tend to get close to people, and then they leave me or die. i can't lose you emily-" vivienne explained, holding tightly to emily's waist.

"viv, shut up and kiss me again," emily muttered, placing her lips on vivienne's again, the other happily reciprocating.

emily whispered to the girl, "i won't leave. you won't lose me. i swear it. just let me love you, and be loved by you."

"em-"

"one chance viv. that's all i'm asking you. " she begged.

"fine. but we can't tell anyone." she relented.

"that's fine. thank you for giving me a chance." she smiled.

"thank you for trying."