Sorilea

I have to be honest, I have a weakness for Wise Ones. Just in case you're reading this and don't know what a Wise One is, they're the Aiel equivalent of medicine women, healers, advisors. Some can channel. Some can't. If you don't know what Channeling or Aiel is, I highly suggest reading the books as the focus of this is just for me to gush over my favorite characters. 

Now Sorilea happens to be the oldest Wise One. She is known for being leathery, like her skin is stretched over her bones. Many of the Westland channelers don't understand why she holds so much authority. She can barely channel more than a flame the size of her finger. 

She is first seen in Fires of Heaven where she reminds Aviendha that she should have children and tell Egwene she should leave the Aes Sedai and become a Wise One, adopted by the Aiel people. I actually love how outspoken she is and how loyal. 

My favorite scene involving her is when Rand is taken captive in Lord of Chaos. She is smart enough to know that something is wrong although she cannot put her finger on it. She searches for both Min and Rand.

When it becomes obvious that Rand is missing, Perrin who had felt Rand tugging on him feared that against so many channelers there was no way that he would be able to get Rand back and break through their forces. Sorilea raises her hand and promises him that he will not be fighting alone. With one finger raised and the might of strength, she embraces the source and reveals to everyone present that the Wise Ones can channel and will line up behind Perrin to bring Rand back. 

I love it. I really cannot explain how much I love her.

Then we get her alliance with Cadsuane. Something they both understand is that life is full of joy and pain and that in order to live a full life, even with trauma we have to be able to laugh and cry. We cannot forget our souls and what makes us human. It's one of the hardest lessons to learn but one that she is all too happy to help teach. She understands what it takes to be a leader but tempers it with wisdom. 

So yes, Sorilea is my absolute favorite Wise One because her strength is in her personality not in her ability to wield the One Power. It's in the ability to lead and remain humble at the same time. It's about knowing when to step aside and let someone who is better at a specific skillset than you are come through. She's pretty much my absolute favorite. 

Feel free to vote and comment on who I should review next. I will be doing major and minor characters in no particular order.