018 ; Swamp Demon

Kazumi finally catches up to you and stands beside you and Tanjiro "Who was that?" He asks making Tanjiro glance over at him. "Kazumi-san, please take her and stay close to us" You say and hand him the girl in your arms.

Tanjiro nods "As long as you stay within our reach, we can protect you! " he finishes.

-------------------------------------------------

JUST SO YOU REMEMBER! YOU ARE USING TOTAL CONCENTRATION BREATHING CONSTANT, WHILE TANJIRO IS STILL BREATHING NORMALLY

3RD POV

As Tanjiro walks down the dark alley, you stay a bit further behind, your sword unsheathed in a protective stance in front of Kazumi and the new female. 'From the ground or this wall.. It can probably emerge from anywhere' Tanjiro thinks, surveying his surroundings.

He looks up to the sky 'It might even appear out of thin air!' He clutches his sword tighter, You look back at Kazumi and the female, 'As a hero... I must protect these civilians' You furrow your eyebrows slightly.

'But this demon... even when It's submerged, It can't hide it's scent' Tanjiro slightly widens his eyes before closing them, taking a big whiff of the area, red particles sway around the ground.

Tanjiro widens his eyes more 'Here it comes!' He runs forward and readies his sword, 'Water Breathing : Fifth Form' He steps onto the ground and three puddles emerge on each side of him, a pair of hands rising from each, preparing to strike Tanjiro.

You go in to defense mode and scoot Kazumi away, keeping your eyes steady on Tanjiro and the three demons.

Tanjiro gasps and widens his eyes even more 'There's three of them!', He crouches on the ground and then leaps up just as the demons go to attack him.

'I have to stay calm! I can do this' He think and scrunches his eyebrows up, the demons reach for his feet 'Eight form' he thinks as water starts to spout from his sword. 'Waterfall Basin!' He throws himself forwards in a slashing motion towards the demons, a large waterfall coming down on them all with Tanjiro in the middle.

FLASHBACK

"Tanjiro, Y/N. Listen to me closely" Urokodaki says and you both nod and scoot in closer to him. 

"The demon with the blood that can turn humans into demons... There's only one in this world" Urokodaki explains, you furrow your eyebrows and Tanjiro has a slightly shocked look on his face "Just one..." he murmurs.

"The one who was first to become a demon, more than a thousand years ago" Urokodaki explains and you look over at Nezuko, who has yet to wake from her long slumber.

"In other words, that is your families foe" You bite the inside of your cheek "Moreover, I believe he's the one.." he trails off slightly "Who might know how to turn your sister back into a human".

You and Tanjiro widen your eyes, a drop of sweat trailing down Tanjiro's face. "That demon's name is... Muzan Kibutsuji!"

FLASHBACK OVER

Multiple arms come flying out of the muddy puddle, though no heads. 'He missed..' you bite your lip, 'Too shallow' he thinks, annoyance present.

' I missed all the vulnerable spots!' he bites the inside of his cheek, watching the demon's arms steam 'Because I switched forms midway through!' a puddle open in front of you, Kazumi and the female and you quickly get into a stance, ready to slice any demon.

Though no demon pops out, as it is only a hole for the demons arms to go back into, you grimace slightly, though keeping the same stoic expression. The puddle closes along with the puddles that held the three demons.

Tanjiro jumps back towards you three in a protective way, "Tanjiro, would you like me to take care of the demons while you protect Kazumi-san and the female?" You ask in a monotone voice, he shakes his head "No! I'll protect you, you just stay with Kazumi-san and I'll ward off the demons" he gives you a bright smile.

You softly smile back "Alright.. just be careful" Kazumi sighs and smiles softly 'Young love.. reminds me of me and Satoko' he looks to the ground sadly, prayers going through his mind for his fiancé to still be alive.

'All three of them have the exact same scent' Tanjiro observes, maintaining the protective stance in front of you all. 'I was told that demons don't band together as a rule.. So it must be one demon split into three!' he analyses and readies his sword.

'I have to protect these three while I fight the demons! At least Y/N can help though.. Stay brave!' He encourages himself. 'Make sure to get him to tell you..' the same murky puddle travels behind Kazumi's feet 'About Muzan Kibutsuji! And how to turn a demon back human!'.

An arm reaches out of the portal by Kazumi's feet, ready to grab the three of you. Tanjiro was about to use another form but you get in before him, quickly turning and slashing it's arm off, before leaping again without a second to spare and neatly cutting off it's head.

"GAH!" The demon yelps, Tanjiro looks at you in awe "Good job Y/N!" Tanjiro praises and you nod.

A puddle appears a few feet ahead of you all, an angry demon with two horns popping out "You bastards! Back off for crying out loud!" The demon whines and Tanjiro gasps slightly while you look at the demon confusedly.

"That girl's gonna go stale on me, dammit! You too!" It points to you "Just let me take you! You're going to go stale! Those girls are already 16, OK!? If I don't devour them soon, they'll lose flavour by the second!".

Tanjiro looks at it angrily, not liking the way  it's speaking to you and you glare at it, sending shivers down it's spine, though it ignores you.

The demon whines some more and another puddle starts to form behind Tanjiro and Kazumi, a demon with one horn pops out "Why don't I calm down, hey so what" The demon crosses it's arms. "There are nights like this" it places his pointer finger underneath his chin "I've already fed on plenty of 16-year-old girls in this town" It states proudly, red eyes glowing menacingly in the dark.

You glare daggers at both demons making them shiver "They were all quite meaty and delicious" The demon continues anyways "I'm satisfied".

Though the other demon doesn't seem very pleased with that answer "Well, can't you tell I'm not satisfied!? I wanna consume more!" The wild demon flails it's arms around, trying to prove a point.

Kazumi looks at the demon with two horns dejectedly, but angrily "You monster.. Return Satoko to me. The one you abducted two nights ago!" Kazumi yells, the two horned demon begins gritting it's teeth, making you look at it annoyed, not liking the loud noise.

Though the single-horned demon who eaves dropped on the conversation doesn't seem to be affected "Satoko?" The demon places a finger on it's chin, seemingly in thought. "Who are you talking about?" The demon open up the right side of his jacket and Kazumi looks at it horrified.

In the jacket, an array of hairpins and other little pieces of jewelry are in small holders, Kazumi's eyes drift to a large red bow "If her hairpin is among these collectibles.. Then I've devoured her" The demon smirks and you clutch your katana tighter in anger.

FLASHBACK

A young couple are seen walking down an empty alleyway, a young man with short brown hair and a simple blue yukata, with a medium-length brown haori, chatting along with a young female with black hair reaching just past the bottom of her shoulders.

She's wearing a purplish-pink kimono with a purple obi wrapped around her waist, tied with a bow at the front. On the back of her head a large red bow is seen clipping the hair to the back of her head.

As they pass a pillar, the young male turns back to his fiancé, only to find her lamp on the floor and her completely missing. He looks around aimlessly, only to find nothing at all.

FLASHBACK OVER

Tears spill from Kazumi's eyes seeing the pretty red bow Satoko wore the night she disappeared. Soon the demons all fall back into their holes once again hiding from the prowling demon slayers.