Chapter Seven: Caught Red-Handed

Edited: 09/10/2022

Beau POV

All of us were in class, as we were preparing for our camping trip.

I was wearing a Black Hoodie.

Liam was wearing a Grey shirt with a Green jacket over it.

"Listen up, class!" Principal Hastings said, and she blew her whistle, everyone sat back at their seats.

I sat next to Hayley.

Liam sat next to Levi.

"Today is the Summer Cove High annual camping trip!" Principal Hastings said. "It's my favorite outing. The smell of pine trees and camp fires. Now, to find our camp you're going to need to use a compass. I will be using this antique compass. It belonged to my grandmother." She said, and shows us the antique compass.

"My Grandpa used to have a compass just like that, I loved playing with it." Brody said.

"Well today, we're not playing. Today, these are vital tools we need to use to stay safe." Principal Hastings said, and she puts the compass on her desk.

Victor cleared his throat. "And speaking of safety, we can't be too careful, with that mysterious rhino out there." He said, as him and Monty came into class, wearing Forest Rangers outfits.

"Rhino? What rhino?" Sarah asked.

"The dreaded Summer Cove Rhino. Legend says it escaped from a zoo. It has a giant horn, like a curved banana." Victor replied.

"Oh man." Levi said, as he leans back on his seat, while his right-arm was around Liam's shoulder.

"It lurks in the forests and hills, attacks weary campers." Victor said, startling Preston a bit.

"But not much longer, 'cause we're gonna catch it!" Monty said.

"Monty made this cool Snare Blaster to do the job." Victor said, as he holds the Snare Blaster.

"Capturing that rhino will make Victor more popular than even the Power Rangers!" Monty said.

Hayley and I look at each other, and we rolled our eyes.

"I'll demonstrate on that skeleton." Victor said, pointing at it.

"Ah, I'm not sure that's a good idea." Principal Hastings said.

Victor activated the Snare Blaster, and the net caught Principal Hastings.

"Victor! Get this off me!" Principal Hastings shouted, as a student went up to help her.

"Just a teensy weensy glitch." Victor said, as another net came out and caught Sarah.

Everyone in the class ducked for cover as the nets keep on flying everywhere. Suddenly it stops.

"Get me out of here!" Principal Hastings shouted, as she finally got out of the net.

Levi and Liam help the students to get out of the net.

Brody and I help others who were caught in nets.

"Can I have a word, Victor, Monty." Principal Hastings said.

"Do you like it? Or love it?" Victor asked.

"You are both in detention." Principal Hastings said, as she cleared her throat. "No camping trip for either of you." She said.

"But the rhino-" Victor said.

"Don't!" Principal Hastings said. She looks at her desk, andsaw that her antique compass was missing. "Hey, my grandmother's compass, it's gone. It was right here. Who moved it?" She asked.