Chapter 1 - Run

Izuku Midoriya was a very bright little boy from a very young age

Izuku Midoriya was a very bright little boy from a very young age. Anyone could tell that the boy had the potential to do something big in his life and had a bright future ahead of him. He was intelligent, good at everything he did, and very observant. He tried to help and do good for everyone.

Anywhere he would go, he would brighten up the atmosphere immediately. He was the adorable sunshine for everyone in his life. All giggles and laughter with him. But life wasn't like that for him. Life was anything but rays of sunshine and laughter for the little boy.

At the age of 4, his father was diagnosed with stomach cancer. He was too young to understand anything about the disease or how deadly it was. All he could understand was that his father, his hero, who was a well-built man and always a bright and positive person became almost a skeleton-like figure and a shell of the person who he used to be.

Some days, his father would not even have the energy to speak. His father was his superhero, always smiling and laughing. Izuku idolized his father and adored him. He was a great husband and a great father. To see the man wither away right in front of his eyes when he was too young to even understand what was going on was too much for the little boy.

-

-

-

6 months after his father was diagnosed, he passed away. This did not sit well with the little boy. He was very broken after his father's death and so was his mother. She loved his father a lot.

After he was diagnosed, Inko consulted every famous cancer specialist about her husband's condition. She got the very expensive treatment he needed. She didn't give up until the end. She gave it her all to try and cure her husband. But alas, she failed and nature took its course. This came back as a huge debt on Inko's head, the expensive treatments, and the consultations gathered a good amount of money that they did not have.

The Midoriya weren't rich but they weren't poor. Inko was an accounts associate in a company and Izuku's father worked for a multinational company as a marketer but after he passed, Inko was the sole breadwinner of the household and the debt was far too great for her alone to pay it off. So she had to work two jobs to support herself and her son as well as pay off the debts.

Izuku, after his father's death, completely shut himself off. The once bright and jolly boy became dull and quiet. He barely spoke or did anything. He would stay in his room all day, watching the old family videos that had his dad in them. But he kept his studies up. He was broken but he knew his mother was working hard so he had to do so too. He studied well and was one of the top students from a very young age.

His mother noticed that Izuku had closed himself off. She tried to break down his walls. She tried hard but with her working her two jobs and handling the house after work, she was tired most of the time to do anything more than try to talk to the boy. But she did manage to get Izuku talking again.