Getting to Bed eh?

France was the one to knock on Canada's door later that night.
" 'ow are you doing, mon ami?" He asked, peeking through the crack left in the ajar door.
"I feel...strange, France."
He had wandered upstairs and found a room, part of him knowing exactly where to go.
The room was just as strange and out of place as the rest of the house. The bedspread was white with two red stripes and a maple leaf on it. Canada didn't know what to make of the design. A huge signed portrait of Sydney Crosby hung over the bed and a collection of stuffed beavers sat on the dresser. The lamp on the nightstand was shaped like a loon, one that looked at the air with a blank, soulless expression.
It was like stepping into a wilderness haunted house.
It looked comfortable enough...except for one thing...
"Mon ami! Vhat 'ave you done!" France shrieked.
Splattered on the wall across from the bed was the American flag, spread over the wood using paint he found under the bed. After everything that happened throughout the day, it would be nice to sleep under the Stars and Stripes.
"I needed something familiar and patriotic." Canada explained.
"Canada no!" France muttered.
"What does that word even mean? Did you two give me a nickname or something?"
Somehow, although Canada couldn't figure out why, this hurt France more than he wanted it to. Not that he really wanted to hurt France right now...
He didn't say sorry, though. He was America and he would never give in to that weakness.
"Come 'ere you." France put his arm over Canada's shoulders and lead him to the bed.
"France...what are you doing?" Canada asked suspiciously. France was the country of love...but it wasn't love Canada was looking for.
"I'm tucking you into bed. Just like I used to." France pulled up a corner of the blanket and waited for Canada to climb up onto the mattress.
He did as he was told, feeling calm as France pulled the blanket over him.
"You can leave now." Canada told him.
"Non! I can not!" France objected.
Before Canada knew what was happening, France had his arms wrapped around his shoulders.
"I could 'ave lost you." He squeezed tight enough that Canada couldn't breathe. "Don't ever let it 'appen again."
France stepped away, giving Canada a small kiss on the forehead before walking out of the room.