chapter 5:Meeting more of them

[3rd person POV]

Y/n:Well those two people who now call us 'son' are pretty nice. They seem to know each other very well. They seem to also disagree with each other. Hmmm. Is this what a human partnership looks like? It is very strange.

Y/n thinks to himself as he continues to chew on frogs that Oryou gave him. Meanwhile Oryou and Ryoma are having a conversation about y/n, right in front of him, but he doesn't seem to care as he continues to eat more frogs.

Ryoma:"Oryou. Don't you think this is. A bit too fast? I mean-"

Oryou:"Oryou does not think it is. Infact Ryoma Oryou thinks it is about time we had a child of our own."

Ryoma:"But. We're not even alive. We're heroic spirits, it's not possible for us to have kids."

Oryou:"Maybe not normally. But maybe with the power of a grail we could. So in the meanwhile let's experiment. Now say something to y/n. Can't you see you're making him upset."

Oryou says as she gestures towards y/n, who is eating frogs with a deadpan face. Ryoma is very excitable as he stares at Oryou and y/n before he clears his throat and speaks to y/n.

Ryoma:"So. Y/n was it? Um? How is your day so far?"

Y/n:"It is in acceptable condition."

Ryoma:"I-I see. So I see you like frogs too huh?"

Y/n:"They taste good. It is thanks to mother we now know of their flavor and we thank her."

Ryoma quickly glances over to Oryou and sees her smiling with her eyes closed.

Ryoma:hehe. She seems happy being called mother. Maybe. Maybe this will be good for the both of-Wait? "We? Um y/n. What do you mean by we?"

Y/n stops chewing as a frog leg dangles out his mouth and is confused by Ryoma's question.

Y/n:"We mean." *swallows* "There are many of us."

Ryoma:"How many?"

Y/n:"As of this hour there are now 10001 of us."

Ryoma:"W-what!?"

Y/n:"10002."

Ryoma:"Wait what?! Why did the number go up?"

Y/n:"10003."

Ryoma:"Y/n wait stop."

Y/n:"Yes?"

Ryoma:"What do you mean? Why is the number going up? Are there clones of you?"

Y/n:"No. They are merely extensions of our will."

Ryoma:"What do you mean? But now that I think about it. You aren't a normal kid are you? Actually that should be obvious I mean your eating frogs raw."

Y/n:"I guess we are different from others aren't we?"

Ryoma:"So tell me? What are you?"

Y/n closes his eyes for a bit, taking a deep breath before reopening them again.

(A/n:I do this every time I'm about to explain 40k lore.)

Y/n:"We are an xeno species known to humans in the future as 'Tyranids' our only goal in the universe is to survive. But in order to do that we must consume other worlds and their biomass to survive and evolve. The more we consume the more we grow. Though we have faced obstacles in the form of others species like humans and Eldar, but we avoid the planets that are steel for those 'things' would possibly be too much for us. So we must feed in order to survive."