I don't love you

Taylor is going on tour in a week. On her first ever tour. Stadiums, thousands of fans. What could be better than that. Joe walked to her house carefully holding a bouquet of roses. When he walked in he saw Taylor. She smiled at him. He walked up to her, handed her the bouquet, and tried to kiss her, but she pulled away from him under the excuse that she needed to put the flowers in a vase. Joe looked at her. She was beautiful.

When she approached him, he kissed her, but she responded coldly. Joe looked at her bewildered.

"Is something wrong Taylor?" .

She looked at him. "Yes, something happened Joe. Please sit down" she said and pointed to the table.

He sat down in confusion and watched as she poured boiling water into a cup. It smelled like mint tea. Joe loved peppermint tea, and later Taylor loved it, too. She looked thoughtfully at the tea, and suddenly poured it down the sink.

"Taylor, you're scaring me. Please tell me what's wrong?" Said Joe almost panicking by now, Taylor was never like this.

She sat down across from him. Then she looked up and looked directly at him, he saw her eyes fill with trails.

"I called you for a reason. I have a very important thing to tell you." She swallowed, and continued in a subdued voice. "We need to break up. I...don't love you Joe anymore."

Joe froze. Taylor said something else, but he couldn't hear it; he could see her lips moving, but it was like he was deaf. He watched her go silent.

"Taylor, are you serious right now?" He asked.

She looked up at him. "Yes Joe, I am. I don't want to be with you anymore, I don't love you."

"I.don't.love.you," Joe said slowly. As if tasting the words. He didn't understand. What was she doing? Why is she doing this?

Taylor stared at him, her heart exploding, as if she could feel her heart tearing into a thousand little pieces. I don't, it was a lie. She loved him, loved him more than anyone. And now when she saw him, his eyes filled with tears. Joe never cried. His lips were shaking, he whispered softly,

"No more love, no more love." He couldn't believe it;

Taylor couldn't believe it, either. What she was doing now. But they couldn't be together, their lives were too different.

"We live with pain, mostly from heartbreak," pronounced Taylor.

One part of her screamed dying. She wanted to walk up to a completely broken Joe and hug him and tell him it was a lie. That she loved her. But that part of Taylor... Taylor wouldn't let her do that. Joe coughed a few times before he started talking.

He said, "Did I love you too much to get this in return? Taylor was silent and he continued, "Everything I did, just to call you mine, just to be there for you. Everything you did."

He stood up, still poorly oriented. Taylor's parents returned. They looked at Joe and Taylor in silence. Joe turned around and said

"I hope I've become your favorite crime." He walked out.

No one said a word, and Taylor just collapsed on the couch, covered her face with her hands, and started sobbing frantically. Joe walked down the street. He felt so much that he stopped feeling anything.

Just a lump in his throat, and a pinching pain in his chest. He grasped a tree with his hand. He felt as if the air had been taken away from him. He tried to breathe, but he couldn't do anything. He didn't know how long he had been standing there. He heard his phone ring. It was his mother. He picked up the phone and without recognizing his voice he wheezed,

"I'm listening."

"Is Joe with you? What's wrong with your voice?" His mother asked him excitedly.

"Nothing, it just died," replied Joe