He Just Doesn't Know When to Give Up!

-Rainbow Dash POV-

We returned the kids home then went back to the mansion, Sonic immediately going back on his run. I took a seat on the couch letting out a breath.

"You okay Rainbow?" Tails asked.

I nodded, "Just tired. A lot more stress than I'm used to in the past week."

"Go ahead and take a nap," he told me, "I'll be in the garage. If you aren't awake by three I'll wake you up."

"Thanks Tails," I said his way as he left the room. I layed down on the couch and slowly fell asleep.

I was standing in a glass tube as the door closed quickly. I looked over towards my right and saw that something was holding a struggling Sonic in place while others were staring shocked.

At that moment, I felt a sensation that seemed almost too familiar. Like my energy was being pulled right out of me as my bodily reflex held onto it. Fatigue came quickly as I fell to my knees before the sensation stopped.

I heard voices but couldn't process what was being said, eyes falling closed. Soon, the sensation came back. This time, I recognized where I felt it before. Back in my world directly after the second round in the Friendship Games.

My magic was being taken away.

I shot awake to see Tails looking at me worried. "You okay? It looked like you were having a nightmare."

I sighed in relief, "Yeah. I'm good. It was just a bad dream."

I fought against the metal arm holding me. Eggman came back a few days later with the exact same bot as before but the wiring in the wrists and neck was protected.

"Take this you big bully!" Amy shrieked right before she smacked the bot with her hammer. The robot stumbled back a bit, but then tightened his grip on me, causing me to let out a yelp as the metal dug deeper into my skin.

"Ho ho ho," Eggman annoyingly laughed. "As fun as this has been, I have magic to experiment on. Naberbot 2.0, back to the base."

"Really want to lead them right to it?" I said through my teeth, the pain still relevant. I will definitely have some bruises after this. 

"You already know where it is. I can move it at a feature date if I need. And we're off," he said right before rocket boots activated under the bots feet. That's when I noticed.

"Sonic! Tails! He left the elbows!" I shouted in the ear piece, left on from the beginning of the fight.

The rocket launched off and flew away. I don't know what happened next exactly, but I saw a blue blur with a golden shimmer slam into the elbow of the arm I was being held in. After a second slam, the arm came clean off resulting in me falling.

I struggled, but the grip only lossend enough to not cut off my circulation. I was falling before I was caught by the new arm extension of the X-Tornado. 

I sighed in relief as Eggman flew off, cursing us.

We flew back to the mansion where we went straight to the workshop to get me out of the metal arm. 

It took some doing, considering they couldn't let the metal get too hot around my skin, but they eventually got it loose enough for me to squeeze out of.

Once I was free, Tails did some tests and x-rays and I was fine. Just a few cuts that would have bruises around them.

"Eggmans getting desperate," I said with a mental sigh.

"Couldn't agree more," Tails said as he examined a piece of the arm. "He's using a stronger metal."

"That's why it took two hits!" Sonic said with realization. "I usually only need one with chaos energy."

"So, you wanted me to fall?" I accused, raising an eyebrow. 

"Tails was there to catch you!" He defended.

I mentally sighed, “Right. Guess I shouldn't complain about how you rescue me hu?” I looked down at my arms, noticing the dried blood. “I’m gonna take care of this then think to myself for a moment. I’ll see you all later.”

They seemed concerned, but I shook it off and went to my room, pulled out my first aid kit, wet a washcloth, sat on my bed, and began to clean it off.

“Hey.”

I nearly fell off the bed in shock and looked to the voice only to find Knuckles sitting on the open window.

Remembering what Tails told me about him, I smiled and sat normally again. “Hey Knuckles,” I greeted before going back to my arms. Bruising beginning to show. I hoped that me not paying full attention to him would show that I trusted him enough to not attack me. “What brings you here?”

He looked closely at my arms as I finished wiping the access blood and began to disinfect, only wincing slightly. “How’d that happen?”

I shrugged, moving to the other arm, “Eggman tried to take me away to extract and experiment on my magic again. The arms of the robot held me too tight, cutting off the circulation and cutting through the skin.” I smirked, “Surprised I have blood?”

 He blushed and looked away. 

I shook my head with a small smile, “Don’t worry Knuckles. You don’t need to trust me yet. I hope one day, I can show you that I’m like you. Someone trying to get home in one piece.” I looked him in the eyes with a kind smile and hopefully, look in my eyes.

He stayed silent and jumped off. I knew he’d be fine so I just finished wrapping my arms and thought about everything that transpired over the past few weeks. Let’s hope that Eggman stays as far away from my magic as possible.

The amount of errors I found while skimming this before publishing is unbelievable. Anyway, one more chapter that I quickly finished and then you can tell me what you want to see in the future!

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to wear your seat belt.