poking fun - fulton reed

fulton.

warnings :
none that i can think of??

"Y/N," Fulton called out, holding the end of your name. You were currently outside and had decided to hide from him in a makeshift game of hide-and-go-seek. You giggled, altering your white gloves. Cold steam came out of your mouth like a chimney and your head poked out from a snow-covered bush.

Fulton eyed anything and everything that seemed suspicious, but couldn't seem to find you. Frankly, your hiding spot was quite in the open, but it seemed too obvious for the searcher to look there. That was the fun of this game. Was it evil to do that? Probably. But a game isn't exciting unless someone had a poking at.

Fulton fixed his tight beanie and adjusted the pieces of long brown hair that stuck to his face, moving it behind his ears. His cheeks were stained a light red color from the wintry wind blowing around him and his eyes were forced into a squinting position. The snow was so white that it was burning the optics, and anything beyond the horizon stayed that way. One of the downsides of the winter season, but he'd much rather take that than staying dehydrated in a desert; not that he could ever complete the task, anyway.

He started to get a little nervous. He couldn't find you. Where the hell could you be? It's not like you could run anywhere; Fulton could easily track you from the imprints... then, there, that's when it hit him. The footprints! How could he have been so ignorant? Of course the footprints could easily lead him to you. He looked at the ground and began searching for size five winter boots that obviously was the size of your foot. Once he found it, he muttered 'ah ha!' and followed the trail.

The imprints in the snow lead him to a large evergreen tree that glistened green and white in the sunlight. He looked around it, and you weren't there. Of course, a faulty trail; you couldn't be tricked that easily. Fulton looked around some more and eyed a new trail going the other direction. Grinning, he followed it and was out of your proximity. Your breathing mixed with another giggle. There was no way he could find you, and besides that, he was gone, out of your vision. You sunk into the pointy bush and sighed a breath of relief.

Suddenly, a screech from behind you filled your ears, and you gasped loudly, only to see the ground grow lower. You gripped your eyes tightly as laughter fulfilled you, feeling yourself in Fulton's tight grip. "Babe put me down!"

He obeyed, placing you onto the bush and holding you steadily so you didn't fall in. "That was too easy," he smiled cockily.

"I bet you saw me," you huffed, crossing your arms on your chest. You were a sore loser at times, but this time, you just wanted to play as if you knew something, as if he cheated. Moreover, poking fun.

"Love, how could I possibly see you when my eyes were closed and my back was turned?" Your heart pounded for a split second. 'Love' was a bit of a trigger word for you, and whenever he said it, you became flustered... that was most of the time.

"W-well," you began. You cleared your throat in hesitation, "maybe you have eyes in the back of your head."

"Funny." He grabbed you by your waist and dropped you onto the ground. "Alright, if you really are intently thinking that I'm cheating, how about we do a rematch?"

You smiled, holding your hand out. "Deal," you smirked and ran the other direction.

rosanna speaks!

FULTON WOULD SO CALL US LOVE AND I'M ALL HERE FOR IT !!

anyway, here's a short one-shot so i'm like "active" or whatever because obviously i haven't been