Chapter 1

Most people hear the word "demon" and think
"Scary", "evil", "fear", "loathsome." Or things along those lines, but what if I told you that they are the good guys? That centuries ago they lived peacefully among humans, until humans began to turn evil, till they shunned them from society. Despite the fact they had done absolutely nothing to deserve this?
You may think I am lying, joking. Or even making it all up, that humans must of had a reason. Well you would be wrong. Humans grew cold, envied the demons power. They grew jealous, even though demons were helping them. Well here's what's happening now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran down the hall as fast as my legs could carry me, the heels of my shoes clicking and tapping on the hard wood floor. A large oak wood door loomed in front of me, almost intimidating me. I straightened my uniform, swept my long, dark hair over my shoulder, and knocked on the door. A low, calculating voice rang out from behind it.
'Come in.'
I placed my hand on the handle and slowly pushed the door open. Bowing respectfully I took a deep breath.
'You wished to see me Headmaster?' I lifted my head and met eyes with the man sitting behind the large old desk that sat at the far end of the room. The man had greying hair and cold, suspecting eyes. As if he were trying to find a fault in your very being.
'Yes... Miss Bell. I have a task for you. Not dissimilar to the usual but this time it will be a tad harder. The whole group of school Guardians will need to participate. The details are in this folder.' I bowed my head and walked forward at a steady pace, not forgetting my etiquette lessons. I picked up the folder and opened it. The text on the front page contained the information that was necessary to complete our newest mission.
'Thank you sir. We will do our best.' He nodded and waved me out.

A sigh of relief escaped me as I exited the room. When I had learned I was being summoned to the Headmasters room my heart had leapt into my mouth. As I returned to the Guardians room I felt the eyes of the student body following me. You see, this school has an elite group of academics known as the Guardians. To normal students we remain as that. But to a select few we are more than just knowledge seekers. In fact, they know we are more than just human. Slipping through the door to the oh-so-familiar room that was our hideout, I could finally completely relax. Heat took over my body and my façade dropped. My hair grew to a tremendous length, and my eyes turned red. The two boys in the corner turned to face me, their red eyes smiling with glee. The girl at the desk in the middle watching my every move with her eyes, red as a rose in winter.
'Did you get the file?' Her voice, high and straight to the point. I smiled and threw the file down on the desk.
'Now we will finally get the amulet back and save what is left of our people, we will get our stronghold back and once again live peacefully among humans. We shall find the spell to once again raise the population of the Demons.'