Chapter 2

The five Guardians, protectors of St Irene's School, distinguished by the White tie or neck bow that replaced the normal navy one. They are made up of: Jason Gillespie. Male Idol of the school, aka the king of the guardians. Katharine Bell, female figure of knowledge and authority, aka the queen. John and Hamish Peters. John, sporty and free spirited. Hamish, education orientated and cool calm figure. The Knights. And finally Grace McClellan, a petite and uncaring figure. The Priestess. These five people are demons who have been hand picked to fight for the freedom of their kind. Or to be more specific, get back the Amulet of Fire. The one item that can control the fate of demon kind. The item that had been stolen from them at the first chance.

~~~~~

'So tomorrow's the big day huh Kath?' Jason sat on the desk at the other side of the Guardians room. I nodded and lay my head on the desk.

'I can't believe we're going through with this...' Hamish and John were playing cards in the corner and Grace was reading on the window seat. We were all trying to keep calm in some way. Hamish piped up from the corner.

'Well we have trained our hardest. There's not much more we can do. So rest easy.' There was a mumble of agreement from the others. I lifted my head and looked out the window. It really was happening. We had trained for days on end for this. Not only improving physical strength but mental strength too. Learning how to control our powers even more to get the best out of them. It hadn't been easy at all, and had often resulted in people collapsing from exhaustion but it had been worth it. Hamish stood and picked up a small machine from the desk. A power meter. He scanned Jason first, then Grace, then me.
'Your power has practically doubled Katharine. That is a huge improvement.' He moved on to John after saying this. My power may have doubled but would that still be enough?

The night passed far too quickly for anyone's liking. We had prepared for the best, and the worst. All we could do now was try our hardest and hope, and if it went all wrong then we can still say we tried our best and improve and try again. The fate of our kind rested on this amulet, and I planned to get it no many how tries it will take. I promise that I will save our kind, I promise myself that. We will get the amulet, we will win.