Helpless beginning

...

Eliza...Eliza. Eliza!

I wake with the strength only to open my eyes and a raging headache that doesn't stop ringing. Doesn't stop ringing... ringing. Eliza, ringing my phone. I shoot my head up, adrenaline running through my tired body as I try and break down the situation. I'm restricted, to what seems like a pole I'm guessing? It's dark and...wet? But that begs the question. 

"W-where am I?!" 

P.O.V Lin Manuel Miranda

"So glad you asked, pretty boy"

Who? There he was, the very same guy from the bar was right sat Infront of me.

"You?!" I asked in horror looking down and inspecting the shiny blade he held at the end of his gloved hands. 

"What are you-" I try my best to jump at the man but remember my hands are tied up and my phone is nowhere to be located.

I grunt desperately trying to free myself but failing miserably. The man facepalms himself as he starts chuckling at my actions. I watched in terror as the blade moved with his motions and imagined If he stabbed me with it and how easily he would get away with it. The man finally stops laughing, tilts his head to the side and stares down at me. I watched his eyes look me up and down before holding his hand for a handshake.

"You remember me? At the bar, we drank together. I'm Sangwoo!".

Sangwoo.

"I remember you..." I looked up at him with my fear turning into fury. I needed an explanation. I was boiling with rage ready to snap at him if he didn't start explaining. He smirked and turned away. 

"Why so mad? I was just cooking for my dear friend!". He brings the knife up with his hands making me quickly turn my head and close my eyes. 

As I slowly opened my eyes I saw he had gone and shut the door behind him leaving little light for me to see my surroundings. How could he say that!? What is he trying to kill me!? I hate him so much! I'm cowering with fear and there's only one thing that helps me get over my fears... Singing.

"What have I done to deserve this, all alone in the dark 'cause I'm a burden, an echo of my own voice in this nightmare, you know I know my choice is not here but out there, I want Eliza, look in her eyes yuh, tell all the lies yuh, I am alive yuh, They call me pretty boy, but little did they know, that I HUFF and PUFF the piggies out they home"

I tap my feet to the beat and pop my head up and down as my anxiety finally begins to settle. I start to feel a better mood and I get ready to sing the next part. "But again this man-"

Sangwoo. The door carefully creaks open as I turn my head and I roll my eyes. What does he want?! He shrugs to himself before turning towards me revealing a pot filled with hot vegetable soup. My stomach is hungry, and my heart tells me, no, but my mouth speaks for itself. I see his devilish smirk unmask and wait for his response. 

"An offering, to my new... best... friend". Winking at me before setting down the pot and sitting down beside me with the most innocent charming grin painted on his face. I couldn't help but cringe.

He tilts his head and pushes the pot towards me. I look at the pot and then back at him. "Oh right-" He cracks up and begins to giggle like this is all some kind of joke to him. "Alright big boy, open wide".

Again he contorts his face to an image of what he depicts to be a smile and grabs the spoon beside him. 

"I-I'm not hungry actually, please, I just want to leave." 

He goes to dip the spoon into the soup but stops midway. "not hungry, want to leave-.."

"Yes! I want to go!-"

"in the same sentence..."

I begin stuttering like a fool. "W-what-" 

"Want to leave-" He slowly got up to look at me. "We could be something, Lin", He snaps. 

"Be some-" Before I'm able to finish what I want to say he grabbed my face and forced me to look up at him. 

He rubbed his rough thumb across my soft cheek and tsked. "I'll be your everything for such a small price pretty boy-" He crouched down to eye level and spoke again. 

"Just say yes to me Lin", I swear I could see faint tears in his eyes. Before I can further add to my theory I see the glare in his eyes shine in the dim light.

 "When I heard you singing Lin, I-"

"Please-" I started tearing up. "Please, let me go"

He gripped my face tighter before letting his hand go and carefully grabbing both of my cheeks lovingly. "I love you..." 

"Let me go..".

Sangwoo and I sat together sobbing before Sangwoo decided it was time to sleep. "I don't wanna hear anything from you tonight, you'll regret not accepting this offer Lin"

That was the last thing he said to me before wiping my tears, shutting the door behind him and scoffing. I thought that was it. The end. He was gonna kill me tomorrow and no one would hear from Lin-Manual Miranda ever again. That's when I heard it. A buzz. Coming from where Sangwoo had sat before. My phone! Suddenly I had hope again. I shifted the phone with my foot and scooted it beneath my thigh.

Maybe this isn't the end of Lin. Maybe this is the beginning. A helpless beginning.