people terrify me so much, djdksksl

Hi hi, I'm doing well, yet I'm furious about one certain thing... people giving death threats and being total shitheads just because someone has a different opinion/likes something else.
I'm specifically talking about ships, the arguments going on ever so often in that area.
Man... life is just not yahoo, my friends...

It truly disgusts me how people can be gruesome to someone else just because they like another ship.
It's especially bad in fandoms like genshin impact or my hero academia.
Especially the kids scare me in those fandoms, they're so uneducated ever so often and simply don't know what "respecting other people's opinions" means, like, I often go with the canons (basically cis gender and straight instead of lgbtq headcannon, if you like the headcannons then go for it, nothing wrong with that, just respect people's choices and it's all fine) like ships that are just boy x girl and people call me homophobic for that, like, ex-fucking-scue me???
I just ship them cus I like them, often cus I can relate and I just don't like the boring stereotypes of shipping enemies or friends of the same sex, hell, I don't go around attacking people and telling them to kill themselves just because they like one of the popular lgbtq ships, like, I don't fucking care what you ship and those ships aren't problematic in the slightest, if you like it, then you like it, nothing wrong with that, am I right?

Everyone has their own tastes and likings, it's like for example, you like chocolate ice cream combined with strawberry ice cream and the other one likes vanilla ice cream combined with strawberry ice cream but that one dislikes the chocolate/strawberry combination because it's not up to their taste and they see you like that combination instead of theirs and so they attack you for it and tell you to kill yourself for liking something different that they do not like cus it's not up to their taste.
Come on, this is just fucking childish and stupid...

Please, respect other people's opinions and don't be a dick, just ignore the ships you don't like (except for very problematic ones that just fall into pedophilia category and such)