Chapter Two

Rhymes by @diamondheart31 from tumblr because I can't write rhymes.

---

"I'm just saying that posting it on every door of the school would be more dramatic!" Chloé said, munching on popcorn.

"But what if we do that for the second rhyme? We should post the first one on the school blog to build up anticipation!" Marinette offered, sipping her Coke.

"And then we show up like boom! The Primaries are back!" Nathaniel was on the floor, his feet up on a chair. He waved his hands around as he spoke, making his friends laugh.

It was like they never left.

Marinette, Nathaniel, and Chloé all sat in the blonde's suit at Le Grand Paris, trading ideas for their grand entrance for Monday.

"'Boom'? Gross, Red." Chloé snorted and threw a piece of popcorn at the redhead.

Nathaniel stuck his tongue out at the blonde.

"Real mature, guys." Marinette said, finishing her rough outline of the rhyme they would use to announce their return. "Now," She turned to show the paper to her friends. "How does this sound?"

Nathaniel nodded slowly. "Blue."

Marinette bit her lip, years of acting like the timid little girl in need of approval had changed her just a bit.

But it wasn't like she needed their approval. Or anyone's.

"This is perfect!" He said, grinning.

Marinette perked up just a little. They liked it! (But it still wasn't like she needed them to like it).

Even undercover, Marinette never needed the approval of her peers, but her friends were different.

"It's great, Blue. So we can publish this tonight at midnight and then we can do my idea?" Chloé asked.

Marinette couldn't suppress her grin as she shot forward to hug her friends.

"Of course!"

"You know, as much as I love hugging you guys, I drank a lot of Sprite and I have to pee so can we wrap this up?" Nathaniel's voice was muffled by the girl's shirts.

Their laughter followed him to the bathroom.

---

Alya Cesaire was the best journalist at Francois Dupont.

Or, at least, she thought she was.

But for the life of her, she couldn't figure out what was going on with Marinette.

First, the girl refused to hang out with Lila--Alya's super cool, super famous new friend.

Second, she went as far as to call Lila a liar just because she was jealous that Lila liked Adrien.

It was so stupid! Marinette just being petty because she was obsessed with Adrien and Lila had a chance with him.

As Alya walked to school the next morning, she thought it over, but she just couldn't figure out why!

Marinette used to be so sweet! But ever since Lila showed up, she became such a...well, bitch!

Alya grumbled to herself as she walked, clutching tightly at her backpack.

The sight of students smiling and laughing or glancing around in suspicious fear made Alya stop in her tracks. What was going on?

"What do you think made them return?"