Hajime Kokonoi: Not Even Half The Pain

You were staring at the TV while sitting on the couch with only the blanket and cocoa keeping you warm, alone in this Expensive Penthouse. At first, some might say that you were really interested at the TV show that was being displayed in front of you, but for you, you didn't even register what was happening.

Your mind was elsewhere and you can't focus on a single thing because it is being occupied by the thoughts of your boyfriend.

Hajime Kokonoi.

A criminal multi billionaire.

You didn't care if he was in a criminal organization. You didn't care if he killed people. Didn't care if he broke hearts.

You were in love with him.
And that is enough reason for you to be with him,right?

You finally found someone whom you can love....again.

So that's enough reason to tolerate the constant lies Hajime has thrown at you, right?
It's enough reason to tolerate him mistaking you for someone who is already gone, right?
At least it's someone who he truly loved before, right?

*****

Your train of thoughts were cut off when you heard the door open.  You averted your gaze towards the hallway to see Hajime. You stood up and help him take his coat off while he maneuver with his shoes.

He gave you a brief kiss in the cheeks and without saying anything, he went to his work room and closed the door.

You went to the kitchen and prepared food for him. It didn't take you too long to prepare a luxurious dinner with only simple ingredients that were left of the groceries.
You were a chef, after all.

You silently trudged to Hajime's work room and opened the door gently. Once you entered, you see him on his computer, as usual, doing his work.

"Have you eaten yet?" you asked gently while approaching him.

"I cooked you dinner."

"*sigh...I'll eat later. I need to finish this first."he replied, not sparing a glance towards you.

You furrowed you brows in sadness and worry.

"Hajime, you've been working nonstop for weeks. You need to rest"

"I need to...It's my job"

"At least rest for a few hours, or, just tonight"

"No" comes a stern reply.

"But-"

"GET OUT Y/N"

You widen your eyes when he yelled at you.
The light that was in your eyes faded in disappointment.

"Ok" you said emotionlessly and left the room.

*****

This has been going on for weeks, maybe for how many months now. You already lost count at how many times things like this happens.

You went to your shared room and did your nightly routine to get ready for bed. Feeling empty, you sat on your side of the bed and reminisced the times when Hajime made efforts in your relationship.

It's been over 6 years when you got together. 2 when he slowly drifted apart from you.

It's like he's just with you as an obligation and no longer a desire.

Maybe it is.

You wer a friend of Mikey, his boss, from back when the both of you were still in Toman.

Maybe that's the reason he's still with you even though you can see it in his eyes that you no longer serve a concrete purpose in his life.

And with those thoughts running wildly in your mind, you closed your eyes with a heavy heart and relied on your dreams to show you the person you wanted right now.