Chapter 8: The End

You took a deep breath. You could feel Hisoka's gaze staring at you, impatiently waiting for your verdict. You looked up to him, deciding to end this indescribable pressure weighting on your shoulders.

"Listen, I don't really know how to react. I feel like I should be more angry at you than I currently am, but I can't bring myself to get angrier than this. A part of me wishes you wouldn't have told me, because I forgot everything my life was about and it felt great. But at the same time, if you hadn't told me, things would have got even uglier once I would have found out. Of course, I'm absolutely disgusted by the fact you took me away from what I knew and kidnapped me, and I wont lie about it. Never do that again, never. If you do, you're done."

With all of your memories back, you knew that you were approximately at his level when it came to fighting. He knew that if you really wanted to, you could possibly harm him, which is something you never even considered before you remembered everything. You were sure that you'd get beaten up within the first seconds of fighting.

"I've come to develop something for you that I never would have thought I'd feel." You continued. "Just like you, I've been surprised and going back wouldn't be possible for me. I still want to get to know you, even after learning something like this, so I think it says a lot about how I feel about you. I don't know, I just feel a connection that i never felt with anyone before."

You saw him relax a bit and take a deep breath.

"But don't feel like if it'd happen again my reaction is going to be the same. I feel this way because I don't want to go away from you." You precised.

"Of course. I'll never do anything like that to you ever again, you can be certain about it." He sincerely said, looking deep into your eyes, trying to prove you he wasn't kidding.

"I believe you." You simply said. "Now, I propose we truly enjoy this meal before it gets cold and forget about all of this, it's part of the past from now on." You said, smiling at him with a new confidence.

You saw his face brighten up as he smiled back at you, taking a sip of his glass of wine.

For the next hour or so, you savoured your plate, enjoying every minute in Hisoka's presence. You still had some doubts, but you told yourself not to take them too seriously since everything was now fixed. Hisoka truly had talent when it came to cooking, and you were more than satisfied with the meal he offered you. Every bite you took out of it was filled with flavours you couldn't even describe with words. It was definitely one of the best meals you've ever eaten. You also talked a lot, since you now remembered your life. The conversation was flowing perfectly, and you've come to realise you had a lot more in common than you'd thought. Every new thing you learned about him made you fall even more to his charm than before. He kept impressing you again and again. It almost seemed impossible.

"How are you so perfect, oh my god." You said before even realising what you've said.

You suddenly felt your cheeks become warmer.

"Stop saying such nonsense, you are the perfect one~" He said to you, in a warm tone.

The butterflies that were already in your stomach agitated themselves even more.

"Now, now... I suggest we clean up the table and have a night walk. What do you think?" He said, knowing damn well you'd be up for it.

"You know the answer." You said to him, taking your plate and bringing it to the counter.

As you placed it, you felt his strong arms wrap themselves around your waist from behind, making you shiver. Feeling his hands against your waist was one of the things that turned you on the most, and you knew he knew it. His hand then made its way to your neck, fondling every piece of skin that was in the way. When he finally reached it, you felt it grab it solidely but softly. He made your neck turn into his direction and looked at you directly in your eyes. You could never get used to his powerful gaze piercing your soul.