- 41 -

"Does it hurt ?" You asked Veronica as you sat down on a small slate bench watching her go through a wardrobe filled with ceremonial robes. The woman turned to face you, a smile present on her face as she shook her head.

"It's like dreaming, conversion used to be harmful but we overcame those eyes many years ago, now all we do is allow someone to drink from a goblet and go into a deep sleep state" she explained as she gestured for you to stand up so she could get a rough idea of your frame.

You nodded at her words feeling a small relief but you wondered if the dream would turn to one from an unhappy moment in your life. "Mason said that there is a way for me and Hidan to be together if I don't wake up.." you spoke before feeling Veronica's fingers press against your lips.

"(Y/N) it will be fine and you will come through, you are stronger than you seem and you said yourself that Jashin had spoken to you meaning you have been chosen for something" she spoke as she turned away pulling a garment out from the wardrobe leaving you to wonder what Mason had meant.

Meanwhile Hidan was gaining information from Mason learning of a way to be together even if it meant that you wouldn't awaken from your conversion. "I was hoping I would never have to explain this to you but you seem like you have made your mind up about this woman." Mason stated as he put out some candles in the large prayer room.

"(Y/N) means more to me than a lot of things, without her in my life I couldn't survive" Hidan spoke Mason nodded understanding his words. The man looked over at Hidan before clearing his throat and taking a breath.

"Many years ago before my time if you can believe we had a leader of the church called Ezril. They made us strong and powerful but down the line they had been smitten by a humble man who lived in the village, they were inseparable and soon the partner went to undergo a conversion to be with Lord Ezril however they never made it back." Mason started to speak as Hidan hung onto his every word having no recollection of knowledge of Lord Ezril.

Mason gestured to Hidan to help him put out some candles and the man did as he was told for a moment he felt like a teenager again training under Mason. "Ezril pleaded with Jashin for his partner to wake up but it was never heard, the man had lost himself and his way due to the incident only being able to see him in his mind and not hold him drove him to make something no Jashinist though was possible." He added onto his words as Hidan remained silent for a mere moment before gaining the courage to speak up.

"How have I never heard of Ezril before ?" He questioned standing straight and watching Mason mimic his actions. "Because no doubt you and your cocky young self would have attempted this thinking it was another trial and I couldn't bare to lose you Hidan." His mentor spoke as Hidan gave a small smile knowing his younger self was a daredevil and reckless beyond any measure.

"Ezril locked himself away from everyone for years not allowing anyone into the cathedral as he worked, he perfected a drink one that would kill a Jashinist stone dead even if they were immortal, yes he could have waited for Jashin to take him but he wanted to be with his lover sooner." Mason finished as both of them walked through the hall, Hidan was in disbelief of his masters words.

"Nothing can kill or harm us though... where is his body ?" Hidan questioned as Mason shrugged his shoulders slightly. "Nobody knows if it worked or not, Ezril wrote the concoction down but his body was never recovered some choose to believe he found a way to reunite with his lover. Others believe he ran away from the religion and blamed Jashin for his partners death." Mason spoke as he opened the door looking over at Hidan.

"Nobody has tried it due to the power it could have over some people in the village, Hidan I have no issue if this is what you wish but please wait to see what happens with (Y/N) first" Mason warned him as he nodded both men walked out of the prayer room only to be greeted with you and Veronica dressed head to toe in ceremonial robes.