Chapter Six: Intro to Civilization

6. Intro to Civilization

09-15-2022

-----

"Wow!"

Zooming through the trees, you, Senku, and Kohaku were riding another contraption that Senku had created with the leftover materials from the pulley. It was a makeshift vehicle on three wheels, and it carried the jug of water in front. Kohaku seemed to be having the most fun, and you were worried that it wouldn't hold too long since the terrain was rough.

"Making such a thing on the spot! So convenient!" Kohaku cheerfully exclaimed with her arms out wide.

"Shouldn't we slow down?! We're gonna end up crashing and dying!" You cried out, holding the vehicle tightly.

"We can't lose time now, slowpoke! Lioness, which direction do I go?!" Senku hollered. He was behind you, controlling the wheels.

"Right!" She answered. Senku turned, but she yelled out, "Not that right!"

The vehicle crashed due to the terrain getting rougher and tree roots getting in the way. You were able to roll forward to soften your landing, though Senku had face-planted into the ground.

"This was another near death experience. Oh God, why so you love to torture us so?" you sighed.

"We're here!" You heard Kohaku announce. You and Senku stood up to see a village full of people below the cliff you stood on. The land that the villagers settled in had been separated by two islands with rope bridges connecting them both. There were a few huts, but everyone looked lively just from a glance. "Welcome to my village."

"There are loads of people here..." you breathed out.

The scientist questioned the lioness as the three of you began to walk towards it, "How many are there?"

She replied, "I forgot the amount of elderly and children, but there's just about forty!"

As Kohaku led you and Senku towards the village, Senku spoke to you.

"Kohaku and the rest of these people...they don't know anything about modern civilization," he told you. "In order words, that means the villagers are the descendants of those who have been de-petrified. There must've been a first-generation in which a few men and women were freed all at once."

You questioned him, "But, how? Could there have been a scientist like you who could've made a revival formula?"

"If that's the case, they didn't pass down the formula or the knowledge of science to this generation."

"Then, who are they?"

As you all approached the bridge to enter the village, two figures that stood by it quickly took their weapons and were about to attack you and Senku. You stood in front of Senku with your arms out to defend him, and Kohaku stopped them both with her inhumane speed.

"Cease your violence, Kinro, Ginro! They're the benefactors who saved me!" Kohaku ordered.

"That's no good, Kohaku-chan, that's no good. You already know the rule; outsiders are forbidden from entering the village. The chief will get mad," one of them said. He had medium-length blonde hair that covered the left side of his face, along with a pair of green eyes. His clothes were similar to Kohaku's, except he wore pants. He looked quite feminine.

The other boy had the same colored eyes, but he had short, brown hair with a lock of it hanging between them, a scar underneath his right eye, and a more muscular build. His clothing was the same as the blonde boy's, except he had a rope around his sleeveless shoulders that showed off the muscles on his arms. He was quite handsome, now that you thought about it. But he had a scowl on his face when he spoke, "I'll put it simply. Rules are rules."